Chris NottAH Fabrications
    2nd Gear

Status

Thinking of selling up....opinions on new car choice

We brought this little fella home just over 4 months ago and we now need to look for a more suitable car to travel around with him.

I have been toying with the idea of getting a VW Tiguian, but really cannot justify putting myself in 10k worth of debt with a loan or finance deal whilst we are saving for a house.
    I have been looking at an A4 avant but they to command a high price for the spec i would like so i'm going to be more realistic and compromise and get a smaller car, but a hatchback for he can be popped into the boot when travelling.
    A few must have's
    Must be Diesel and must be Auto/DSG so the other half can also drive the car (she is only passed her auto test).
    So have been looking at an Audi A3 sline or a VW golf GT, I know this is an Audi forum and i'm expecting some biased posts towards audi's.
    But can anyone who has owned either give me some pro's and con's for both. I know the obvious one, being price with the A3 coming in more expensive than the Golf.
    Thanks in advance.

2006 Audi A4 Sline
    AMD remap to 175bhp, bilstein Shocks with Eibach 30mm lowering springs, spacers to follow very soon (then finished)

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    A6 avant?
    VCDS in North Wales
    2007 A6 3.0TDi S-Line Le Mans Avant , adaptive xenon lights, sunroof, privacy glass, towbar, led rears & randomly rear seat airbags
    1999 Honda S2000 , mcb low milage jap import, fully bushed, mugen exhaust <<< for sale! <<<
    2001 Passat TDi 130 Sport < sold!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Ste_Nova/Passat/PB140007s.jpg

S3 Drift King!

Status
    B5.5 Passat Estate TDI Tiptronic, if that's too big, maybe consider an Skoda Octavia Estate? VAG TDI's try and get the bulletproof 1.9 instead of the modern 2.0.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Jojo's right. Seriously consider a Skoda. The engineering is every bit as good as other VAG-group brands; all that is lacking is the vanity that goes with the badge
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs.