England Vs Sweden

NHN

Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I have to say, I havnt enjoyed an england game like that in many years, brilliant imho for most part of it, end to end, some normal traits but was refreshing to see play like that, hope they keep these chaps in place going forward.

Would have been more encouraged if we could have held onto the ball for more than 2 seconds. Even the captain couldn't keep the ball for more than 2 seconds.

Grateful for the win.

We saw the best and the worst of England in that game. Uncharacteristically poor performances from the two Ashleys, but Theo and Danny were outstanding. Great goal from Carroll, but he does remind me more of a young Kevin Davies than a young Alan Shearer. This is the weakest (certainly the least experienced) England squad to go to a tournament in my lifetime, and the management team has only been in place a couple of weeks, but they're unbeaten. I'm not holding my breath, but I am crossing my fingers.

After the debacle in the world cup I like many others have hardened,they seem to want to fail at times,the defending was pathetic at times,the shining light was Wellbeck and his calmness in stroking that ball backwards into the net hoooraayy go on Ingerlandddddd!
Theo played well when he came on,I remember when he was picked for the world cup in 2006,apparently the senior players got annoyed with him travelling on the coach to games,as he'd say 'are we there yet ?' every five minutes.

They are so frustrating to watch at times. Good overall performance, but a few low points. I was dissapointed with Milner, I actually think he's a good player and normally perfect to go infront of Johnson, as Johnson can't defend but is great going forward. Thankfully he's proved me wrong twice and has played really well. I think Gerrard is carrying an injury, or is just shattered, but a great cross for the goal. Let's just hope they improve again. We should beat the Ukraine, but we know that England don't deal well with expectation. I just hope hodgson doesn't set up for the draw.

At one point last night I actually asked the missus if Ashley Cole was playing! Good win, but as said above, if we could have kept hold of the ball.....

All considered though, and enjoyable watch with a lot of end to end movement. Bit of a scare at one point with Theo, but turned out to be nowt, but what a first touch from him. Fantastic.

Most enjoyable England match I've seen for years. Mainly because of how the scoring went.

Quick shout out to Sweden - Zlatan was pretty immense at times. Always thought he was overrated, and he probably is, but still he's some player.

Good game, expectation is low, so we'll take the win! Let's see what Rooney brings to the table against Ukraine, we've not missed him... have we? :footy:

Glad we won, but our defence was shocking compared to France match. Milner needs taking off, he was a disaster. Did anyone notice the amount of times we fumbled the ball, tripped over it etc. Schoolboy errors that we can't afford to make. Impressive how much we were attacking though! Looking forward to the Ukraine match.

Was at the game last week in Kiev, we were out numbered 4 to 1 by the swedes but the atmosphere and noise from the England fans was amazing, game was pretty good too, will remember that match for a long time.

Was at the game last week in Kiev, we were out numbered 4 to 1 by the swedes but the atmosphere and noise from the England fans was amazing, game was pretty good too, will remember that match for a long time.
Pics or it never happened :)