Hay fever sufferers

markos72

Reaction score
Right I have suffered from hayfever since I was 8 or 9(almost 40 now).
Was wondering what peeps are usuing as I feel my Benadryl 1 a day just isnt cutting the mustard.
Unfortunately anything I take has to be non-drowsy,due to working in a safety critical post at work,and having to declare any meds I take to on-call chemist.
Muchos help appreciated.

I feel your pain i suffer with Hayfever, my work entales me to be cutting grass, hedges, strimming etc so not an ideal job to be in however i use piriton non drowsy one tablet a day and im sorted i take it as soon as i get up,

Hope that helps

Morrisons own non drowsy for me, works a treat. My advice is read the ingredients to whatever you are buying cause the supermarket own brand usually have the same stuff in and you get more for your money

I use Boots own nasal spray, morning and evening. Peachy! Better value than Piritin/becanaze but exact same ingredients.

Friday beer boys have joined the thread :)

I used to get Hayfever every year but not anymore!!

All you need is CILIT BANG!!!!!..........

Sorry..........No what really works is a spoonful of local honey every morning........make sure its LOCAL!. I start having a spoonful of honey as soon as i start to feel like hay fever is kicking in and can take a couple of days to work but it works a treat. Its tasty and good for you too so can't complain!

Fexofenadine anti-histamine - I also work in a safety critical environment and get 60 days at a time on a repeat prescription. ;)

I used to suffer badly but i think i grew out of it in my early 20's.

Right I have suffered from hayfever since I was 8 or 9(almost 40 now).
Was wondering what peeps are usuing as I feel my Benadryl 1 a day just isnt cutting the mustard.
Unfortunately anything I take has to be non-drowsy,due to working in a safety critical post at work,and having to declare any meds I take to on-call chemist.
Muchos help appreciated.

I've suffered with Hayfever since a very young age, tried every kind of medication out there and absolutely nothing has ever worked for me. Worst part is when I wake up in the morning - my throat feels like something crawled up in there and died, and my eyes make me look like some kind of addict. I can't offer any advice but I can certainly say you're not alone!

Fexofenadine anti-histamine - I also work in a safety critical environment and get 60 days at a time on a repeat prescription. ;)

Thats the same stuff as I've been using recently it works well although I've ran out and now got some herbal stuff my mum recommended and its crap.

I did use to take Lemon Grass pills when I was younger to build up an immunity to hayfever and it did work as for five or six years I stopped getting hayfever, although it is back now :(

I use fexofenadine too (Telfast120), but think I need to step up my dose - the 120mg isn't really working as well as it used to. Loratadine and other over the counter ones are just rubbish. I'd need a whole pack per day if I'm working outside.

i try and do a few years without tablets then just take one when It feels bad the tablets seem to work better for me in this way. Seem to build up a imunatity to them if you that too many. I can remember the doctor changing my tablets every few yaers as they stop being effective.

Tesco own brand Hayfever tablets work the best for me, used to do the nasal spray and eye drops bit not any more.

Tesco own brand Hayfever tablets work the best for me, used to do the nasal spray and eye drops bit not any more.

Luckily I grew out of the nasal spray and eye-drops phase when I was about 13. If I don't take any tablets, go run around a forest then rub my eyes, they can still get nice and puffy though.

its ******* me off today! keep getting itchy eyes although i thought i had lost that a few years back.
I currently use Piriteeze and pirinase which seems to work ok for me... as others have said i dont take it all the time as i dont want to build up an immunity to the tablets.

i might have to go and get some eye drops though if this keeps up

I just sneeze a lot. And I mean a LOT. Even with the tablets too much sun will get me going.