Anyone using TomTom Navigator 5

AndybS3

Reaction score
If so could you mail me a copy of the GB postal file located on the ZIP file in the storage card.

Many thanks

Is it the same for all formats? My upgrade CD says Palm and Go only so I'm assumming PPC is different. What are you running on?

I've got it installed on an Ipaq 4150 Scotty but thought the above post code file was corrupt, after some investigation I've managed to fix the problem, it seems to be a problem with the installation routines in TomTom 5. I've also had serious hassles trying to get the thing to recognize my non TT BT receiver but finally got there by telling TT it was a cabled receiver now I need to get TT to recognize my BT phone to get the traffic reports. I really don't know if it was worth upgrading from TT 3

Anyone have any new voice/color schemes? (naviagor/go any will work)

Im running TomTom Mobile 5 on my 7610 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Cheers for that Rob, I finally got the full postcode function working. For anyone having the same prob just make a folder called tomtom on the storage card and that sorts it out, don't ask me why

Just did the upgrade the other day. Seems to sometimes have problems finding my tomtom BT device.

A couple of improvements:
Smoother 3D on the screen, and also the street names are overlayed on the map.

Bit annoyed that the current POIWarner (speed camera warning program) doesn't work. And i don't fancy paying tomtom for something which I can get for free.

[ QUOTE ]
Just did the upgrade the other day. Seems to sometimes have problems finding my tomtom BT device.

A couple of improvements:
Smoother 3D on the screen, and also the street names are overlayed on the map.

Bit annoyed that the current POIWarner (speed camera warning program) doesn't work. And i don't fancy paying tomtom for something which I can get for free.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yip, I had the same problem with my aftermarket BT receiver, I told TT it was a cabled receiver and it found it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Also you can use the usual (free) pocket GPS camera database as in tt3 but you only get beeps, bells or moos for a warning