Losing mobile signal

jonny87

Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone here could help or have the same/similar issues

Over the last 3 weeks or so my phone has been losing signal, it started off as being once or twice a day and has steadily worsened to the point where i'd go days without signal.

I tried turning it off and on, removing and cleaning the sim both sometimes worked but mainly didnt :(

So i went to tmobile (my provider) on saturday explained the situation, they tested my sim on a demo phone and decided it was fudged, so they gave me a new one and hey presto it worked... For all of 3 hours!!

I spent most of sunday with no signal or 3g and same story today, on occassions when i do get signal and i try a call or text it loses it before i can send a message/finish the call, very annoying!!

If i connect to a wifi source thats all good though, my phone is an iphone 4 all latest software installed

Ive tried googling and found nothing useful so if anyone has a suggestion other than slamming it up the wall i'd be most grateful :)

Tia

dont suppose your with vodaphone... im having the same issue!

Had the same problem along with five others I have spoken to at work about it but we had some new equipment installed at work and one of the lads reckons its that.They all have iPhones bar one with latest iOS but I am using 4.1 even wifi is rubbish and even when I went outside I couldn't ring anyone so rebooted and all was good then ??

No im with tmobile but have noticed alot of the same complaints coming from voda customers!

That was my first thought voorhees but this happens anywhere and everywhere, the guy at tmobile said they were doing alot of work on their masts and it could go on for 6 months, if this is the cause i find it highly disruptive and unacceptable and will be getting in touch with trading standards

Does anyone think it could be the phone at fault? Couldnt find anything on the net about people having to send a phone off for repair for this kind of issue

I've had a few signal drops on my Voda. My mate use to be a Voda engineer, and he had the power to close down or reboot a mast remotely no matter where he is! He said they do it regularly when there are issues, he did it to my local mast so I could test the speed of my net dongle(I told him it was slow), rebooted the Mast, no signal for 1 minutes, then I got 3meg d/l speed(It was quick at the time).

I'm on O2 but not all of them are but all the same problem,oh and also mrs voorhees couldn't ring out send messages on Saturday and she's on orange.

Paul will be here soon telling us to wear tin foil hats :)

I had this problem with vodafone a few weeks ago, and complained to them. They sent me a Suresignal box for free (usually £50) which plugs into your broadband and now I have 5 bars of 3G all over the house and garden. I appreciate it only helps when you're at home, but its a start if you live in a rural area.

Vodafone are obviously having problems around the place though:

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/ne...tomers_frustrated_by_lack_of_service/?ref=rss

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

I live on the outskirts of the city in a big housing development and there is a phone mast a mile up the road from me.

Going into tmobile again today and im not leaving until i have an answer or some money in my pocket, getting irritated now!