Planned obsolesence.

I'd not noticed matey, however I wouldn't wish my current problem onto anyone at the moment - ECU's aren't cheap !!!

A good example is the power steering pump. On certain models, you know that pump is going to give up around 150 000km's. Every owner with that model can expect the pump to fail regardless of how well they maintain the car, and regardless of how the car is driven.

I was wondering if any other owners have found the same?

Hop, what is wrong with your ECU? what's it doing?

I dont know about that but it makes seance to me that they would do it !
i do belive the old 80/90's where put together much stronger than the A4/A6 etc , and deff dont think the steel is as good i have slight surface bubbling at the O/S/F wheel arch , my old coupe didnt have any rust!!!!!!!! weird, maybe im wrong maybe im right ,
thoughts people?????

I thought Audi used Aluminium panelling or was that only on the A8 to reduce weight? Ok im ready for the flaming guys! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Hop, what is wrong with your ECU? what's it doing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Audi5E - It aint working - thats what it's doing !!! See this thread
http://www.audi-sport.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=194306&an=0&page=0#194306

Still another 5 days before Audi garage gets one in..... My local garage managed to source one, however he was only saving £170 intially, but then he would have to give it to the dealers who need to reprogramme it (Immobiliser codes etc.) and the saving then comes down to approx £70..... not really worth the risk, because if there is anything else that goes wrong with it, the dealer would just chuck it straight back. At least if they have provided one - they should sort any problems and have some kind of warranty....