I need you helps chaps!

[ QUOTE ]
myzeneye, much easier to get someone in with a root grinder /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

mmm i know m8, but soil and invisible stones kill even diamond blades and it can get a bit risky grinding blind into soil, snapping the root is pretty easy.... i had a chain saw but like i said, once the chain touched the soil its as good as knacked really..

still, all sorted now without a full felling of the trees....
jojo, i say you leave a dish of antifreeze out for the kitty.......he wont be bothering you once he's had a taste of that sweet sweet blue murder..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
anyhoo, if your whinging neighbours are still moaning suggest to them that now you had them llopped, that they should take more responsible care of their trees and have them pruned and boxed off regulary.....

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
myzeneye, much easier to get someone in with a root grinder /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

o' a ROOT grinder...i beg your parden... is misread and thought youd suggested a ROOF grinder?????

yes that would be easy... silly me..
didnt know there was such a thing???

Hey, glad this problem is all sorted now, would have posted earlier but been away for a bit. As part of my degree i study property law, party walls, i.e. the fence between the properties here are a huge area of contention and cause loads of problems. Basically, you have to look at the deeds for the property, or the map from the land registry and see whose land it is on, as it isn't an actual wall, you can't both own it. There is only a right to light 'sufficient for normal activities' i.e. you aren't entitled to any more light than you need as a human being, even if you ejoyed a higher level of light before hand. As for the trimming bit, it's a tough one. It is technically their property, even though it overhangs yours. BEst answer is always to ask first! Hope that helps anyone in a similar situation. If you have a specific q, pm me and i'll try t get you an answer.

Lady's and Gentleman, I present you with my new fence /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

31965-128-2896_IMG.JPG

Big improvement mate they should have nothing to complain about with that! Nice one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Big improvement mate they should have nothing to complain about with that! Nice one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
If you look closely at the pic, just above the fence, you can make out bits of their garden MWUHAHAHAHA
1525FIREdevil.gif
1525FIREdevil.gif
1525FIREdevil.gif

I bet thats a relief now mate, and looks well fitted with new posts.

Your tree guy proabably did you a favour though, by the amount he hacked off, it will take years for that to grow back.

fxxck me jo jo.....if i was you mate id be straight round to their house, threatening to sue them and their monsterous trees of mass destruction..........law now is that they cant be over two meters in height, unless agreed by both partys... it'll take years for them trees to fill out and till then, your gonna be looking at dead, bald tree mate....... thats exactly how mine looked, like palm trees !!!!!
these conifers are a pain in the **** to keep, you really have to keep ontop of them, once theyve gone too far, you cant sort them out, as you "tree surgeon" found out........
still, if your happy, thats all that matters...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
nice fence m8....

A bit late now but for future reference ACCORDING to which magazines 401 legal problems solved book, if the fence is yours and has been damaged by there trees you may be able to make a claim under your house insurance. You should speak to your neighbour first explaining the problem if a friendly chat with the neighbour does not help (too late now, i know) you should check with your local council before cutting back to see if the tree has a presevation order on it, if it does and you prune it, you are committing an offense and could be fined. Also if you live in a conservation area YOU must tell the council before you cut. The council then has six weeks to decide whether to put a preservation order on the tree.
If theres no such protection youre entitled to cut off the roots and branches at the point where they cross the boundary. You then have to offer them back to the neighbour-even though you have cut them and they where on your property they still belong to the neighbour.
Regarding the fence it should say in your house deeds who owns the fence the advice again from which is, The person that puts the fence up owns it, in many cases the matter can be settled by looking at the deeds relating to the property,Often you will on the plan that there is a small t marked against the boundaries the convention is that the fence belongs to the the owner of the property on the side with the t is drawn.
If its not clear from the deeds you will have to ask other neighbours if they know which neighbour put the fence up. The book goes on about the issue of fences being a bit hit or miss as if the orginal fence is yours but you let it get in such a state that the neighbour decides to put a new fence up it then becomes his fence as he has adopted it. with fences if you have the supporting posts on your side of the garden the fence is normally yours as you have to over the good side to your neighbour. Hope you can get some info from this long winded post as it all seems confussing to me if it is the neighbours fence i would replace with the same height as what was there before your tree surgeon went mad, For more legal boring stuff that comes in handy try Whichs 401 legal problems solved as it comes in quite handy at times.