thinking of setting up my own mobile valeting company???.

seb_bray

Reaction score
hi i am 21 and currently un-employed and i am very interested in setting up my own mobile valeting business so just looking for advise really from someone who has there own mobile valeting business on how to get the ball rolling and whats the best way to start and funds etc but any other advise will be appriciated cheers.

just the normal valet
or detailing ?

well youd need a van plus a generator to run your hoover etc.
racking in the van to hold your products, cloths, shamios (whatever the're called lol) etc.
water carrier..... car shampoos etc.

if a mobile valeter came to do mine and said can i fill up my bucket and plug in my extension..... id tell em to pee orf!

he's probably doing his market research?

discount to forum users?

You need to do a business plan. This is vital to secure any funding needed to set up your business. As you are unemployed, you may qualify for a grant from the job centre. To get a grant you need a really good business plan.

Lots of information online about doing a plan, and you can get new business starter packs from banks that tell you how to do a plan.

What you need to know:

Who are your customers?

Who are your competitors?

What are your competitors offering?

What can you offer that is different?

How much will you charge?

How many customers will you need to make enough money each week?

Where will you get your customers from? Advertising? Word of mouth? Leaflet drops?

How much will it cost to get all the equipment you need to get up and running?

What experience do you have in Valet business?

These are just a few questions you need to answer. There are many more, and you could seek advice from businesslink . gov.uk

More than happy to offer any help I can, always pleased to help someone who wants to help themselves. I am good at finance, not good at Valeting:)

Good luck mate.

Mobile Valeting is crap right now, I'm registered with Auto Glym as a master valeter fully trained and qualified, All i will say its real hard out there right now, I've pulled all my valetting business to one side as its just not paying enough to pay for itself let alone the bills and food, I used to do a lot of the main dealers in my area, but they have got there own sales guys doing it out the back when they are sat out the back scratching there nuts, i know of 6 other real valeters and detailers who have hanged up there hoovers and brushies and are waiting for it to start to get busy again next year,