speed camera question

G

_G_

grey camera... by a traffic light...

even the beam it sits on his grey...

no speed camera warning sign

is this an actual speed cam? or do they have to be painted yellow by law?

no markings on the road either... 30 zone and i think i was doing about 36.

now paranoid!!! thanks

There's grey ones near me. Worst one is tall and thin, right you by a wall, looks like a lampost :(

It could easily be a light camera. They don't need any markings.
I think most speed cameras need the road markings to determine and prove speed.

Read years ago, they can have a camera within a of a sign. Not sure if that's still the rules.

jump the red light and it will take a nice photo of the rear of your car, the problem with the is they cant clarly ID the driver and they cant prove that the car in the photo is your car, even if its showing the same number plate, you do find that 90% of them have been decommisioned due to them facts, but they leave them there to keep you in fear,

jump the red light and it will take a nice photo of the rear of your car, the problem with the is they cant clarly ID the driver and they cant prove that the car in the photo is your car, even if its showing the same number plate, you do find that 90% of them have been decommisioned due to them facts, but they leave them there to keep you in fear,
Until you get the NIP in the post asking who was driving.
Same as a speed camera - they don't have to clearly ID the driver either. Either the registered keeper IDs the driver or gets punished as if it were them.

Red light cameras work using piezo tubes just under the surface of the road once you drive over them on a red light it takes 2 photos the first photo is to see how far over the line you are and the second pic is to see if you kept going through the red light and as a secondary function it also measures your speed just to see how fast you went through the red light.

http://www.speedcamerasuk.com/traffic-light-camera.htm

Until you get the NIP in the post asking who was driving.
Same as a speed camera - they don't have to clearly ID the driver either. Either the registered keeper IDs the driver or gets punished as if it were them.

Notice of Intended Prosecution =

Notice = Offer to Contract in the Blacks Law Dictionary,

An offer can be refused,

But even with a photo of a car showing your number plate registration does not mean its your car unless you clearly ID it,

Cases are being thrown out on the backs of people not ID'ing the Driver, as the Registered keeper can not clearly prove that it is his registered car in the photo, so if he can not clearly ID his CAR he can not clearly ID the driver as the Driver has not got any MEMORY of his CAR bing in that area at that time, you do have the right not to incriminate yourself by LAW in this country.