EM TuningJMB Retrofits

Thread: Paintings

5th Gear

Status

Paintings

Off the back of Supanovas thread of his sketches (excellent work by the way), I thought I would start a thread up to show some of the work of my daughters friend. She is unbelievably talented as far as I'm concerned, and I reckon she'll be comfortably off from work such as this

Here are some of my personal favourites, which Laura has very kindly given me permission to post.

Last edited by gary3306; 29th April 2012 at 16:30.
    2012 RNSe Navigation Discs with unit software update. PM me.

Suzuki GSX-R 750 K5

A4 S-Line. Mods so far; Cruise, DIS, Mk2 RNS-e, Audi 6 CD changer, XcarLink with self manufactured permanent ipod dock, B8 MFSW, Dectane Dayline Headlights with independantly switched DRL's, RS4 Rear ARB, De-badged, RS4 pedals, HIDS, RS4 front grille and RS4 style fog surrounds, LCR splitter in Satin Black, Rear Park Assist, LED gearknob, Red footwell lighting, Kitchen sink and Shower cubicle.

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Oh, Spiderman is there twice lol. Oh well, its good
    Last edited by voorhees; 29th April 2012 at 17:48. Reason: Superhero confusion :)

Suzuki GSX-R 750 K5

A4 S-Line. Mods so far; Cruise, DIS, Mk2 RNS-e, Audi 6 CD changer, XcarLink with self manufactured permanent ipod dock, B8 MFSW, Dectane Dayline Headlights with independantly switched DRL's, RS4 Rear ARB, De-badged, RS4 pedals, HIDS, RS4 front grille and RS4 style fog surrounds, LCR splitter in Satin Black, Rear Park Assist, LED gearknob, Red footwell lighting, Kitchen sink and Shower cubicle.

A3 2.0 TDI SE

Status
    Coleraine, Coleraine, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    O MY............... well I may just give up now. lol those are unbelievable!!! totally stunning!! I doubt very much that id ever be that good!! but ill try!! has your daughter's friend got a website/flickr page I can look at more work?

p.s Thanks for they kinds comment bout me on your opening post btw!

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by supanova View Post
    O MY............... well I may just give up now. lol those are unbelievable!!! totally stunning!! I doubt very much that id ever be that good!! but ill try!! has your daughter's friend got a website/flickr page I can look at more work?

p.s Thanks for they kinds comment bout me on your opening post btw!
    Your welcome re the kind words, you have a talent mate, simple as.

Yes Laura has got a site;

Laura Hinshaw Art - Home

She normally depicts them at various stages of completion, so it's interesting to see how she builds up the layers

Suzuki GSX-R 750 K5

North East Forum Moderator

Status
    Blimey.. That Spiderman is probably one of the best things Ive ever seen.. Superb!

Website | Facebook | Audi TT 2.0TDI 170 Quattro

Status
    Spidey is a quality piece of art

Boo!

Status
    Wow! and i think you said it Gary... "She is unbelievably talented", and that she is.

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    Wow, only just seen this thread, those pics are amazing!!

Well done Laura

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    x2 ^^^

3rd Gear

Status
    LOVE the one of hendrix, i want a canvas like that on my wall!!

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Lydamore View Post
    LOVE the one of hendrix, i want a canvas like that on my wall!!
    Contact her. She WILL do you one.

Suzuki GSX-R 750 K5

3rd Gear

Status
    any idea what shed charge?

5th Gear

Status
    I honestly don't know mate. It won't be hundreds, but then again it won't be £20. I would say, going by a price she gave me of something I asked about, between £100 and £200 maybe, but you are getting a unique piece of art in oils (I think its oils she uses).

I've sent her a link to this thread anyway.

Suzuki GSX-R 750 K5

5th Gear

Status
    That is amazing work a very talented artist, does she do portraits from photos, going to look at here site and once I have a pic of my 3 boys in a few months might send a copy of it and see if I could get her to do a painting of it.
    S3 1.8t Ming blue with ivory leather & 18"tt alloys

I want your faulty electronics

Status
    Thats some amazing work (both of you).

I really with I could draw like that.

My uncle is really good at drawing and painting, he does alot of the work at Glastonbury.
    How that side of the family got the art of drawing and I'm stuck with erm................................Great work people.

New Car, New Thread: Scott's Akoya Silver A8
    Gone But Not Forgotten: Audrey's Build Thread

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by shariain View Post
    That is amazing work a very talented artist, does she do portraits from photos, going to look at here site and once I have a pic of my 3 boys in a few months might send a copy of it and see if I could get her to do a painting of it.
    She certainly does mate. If you look on her site, there is a painting on there of herself when she was little, with her Dad. That painting is done from a photo.

Suzuki GSX-R 750 K5

The stigs ugly brother

Status
    Thats a true talent, and for such a young person its hard to belive the detail of the pics, iv seen university art students with less talent.

*edit, i take it that its the young girl to the right of the one pic.

Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

Status
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    Amazing artwork, i wish i had "it" !

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by camscockle20vT View Post
    Thats a true talent, and for such a young person its hard to belive the detail of the pics, iv seen university art students with less talent.

*edit, i take it that its the young girl to the right of the one pic.
    Yes, thats Laura standing next to her paintings that were commissioned by a bar she works in I believe. She is an art student herself.

Suzuki GSX-R 750 K5