BEWARE OF NIRRO LTD!!

mkz1

Reaction score
just wanted to give you guys a heads up about these clowns and to avoid buying from them

first warning should have been when i called up. i rang one day late evening and got quoted a price, which i then told the guy when iv confirmed they are the right items i will call back and order. so i did the next day and for some strange reason the prices had gone up over night, so i said to the guy i was quoted cheaper prices yesterday and he started complaining that i should have told him that before....at this point im thinking if id made prices up myself would he have given me them at that price just to save himself a minute of talking to me. so after being an **** he agreed to give them for the original prices quoted.

i ordered and paid for over the phone for a passenger side seat belt and passenger side window switch from nirro. paid £120 for both items in total.
delivery was fairly prompt if i remember correctly. so i take my items to the local garage to get them sorted, turns out they sent me a driver side seat belt instead of passengers side as i asked for. so im an understanding guy and know mistakes happen so i ring them up to try and get it sorted. they tell me they had sent a few out that day and it must have got mixed up with someone elses.
so was told to send the old one back and that they have another one that they will send me as soon as there's is returned. so i agree and pay from my own pocket to return the item.
the next day when the item is returned back i call them and they tell me theyv received the items back ( as i sent both back, switch due to not needing it) and theyre going to check and find the other belt and call me back.
so a few hours pass and no call back, call them again and stil not managed to find the right belt which they said they had. ring again next day to find they only have a passenger side belt from a convertible which is no good to (mines a 3dr s3) me so i ask for a refund.
at this point i stupidly ask them how much a passengers side door card wiring loom is as thats why my window wasnt working and not the switch, they tell me £35 and i tell them il think about it. so he takes a few card details to do the refund.

so i went elsewere got my seat belt from them. this is another story but i actually got the belt from them.

a few days later check my account to see if they had refunded me and nothing. so i ring them up and they tell me they were waiting for me to confirm on the loom so they hadnt refunded me because of that, so now im thinking why did you take my card details??
So i give them the part no. for the loom and they tell me they're going to match it up to make sure its the right one and call me back. another day or two goes by with no call back what so ever and me constantly ringing and getting told they're still checking.somewhere inbetween i give my card details again to have the outstanding amount refunded as i bought the loom from them.

so eventually i get my loom, guess what..... WRONG ONE AGAIN!!!
i go through the whole plava again of calling and getting told theyre looking and il get a call back but never did. i knew i had to keep chasing these guys or id never get anywere. all i ever got was excuses. its saturday at this point.
so on monday evening i get told they've got the right loom (as i sent a pic this time) and itl be sent first thing tues morning. the week goes by and NOTHING, so on friday morning i ring. im still calm and tell the guy just send me my part so i can get my car sorted. he tells me he sent it and hes going to check with the courier. same thing again 'il call you straight back' but nothing.so i ring again and get 'oh was just about to ring you'...his reason for me not getting the loom yet was for some reason the loom was sitting in the depo waiting to be delivered, so i told him if he had another one to just send it me and if i get two il send one back.
funny enough only one arrived, guess these idiots just couldnt be ***** to send one the first time and enjoyed making a fool out of me.
however it gets even better. i originally paid for the item on 02/04 iv just checked my statement today 27/04 and no sign of the return for the outstanding amount minus the loom.going to ring them tomorrow and see what theyre response is.

i hope you guys bother to read this as itl hopefully save someone some seriously unneeded hassle

Last edited by a moderator:
I cannot believe you ordered more after they showed their incompetence.
Hope you get your money back.

Reactions: kanecullen89
Agree with both replys so far. Alot of breaker are as dodgy as they come mate. Hopefully you picked a honest one and you'll get your cash back.

i kept calm because i knew they had my money and i had nothing.....i rang them today and he said hes going to put a refund through.
i hope i get my money back because they're too far away from me to go down in person and deal with it.

the second place i ordered my seat belt from i had a few issues with them but there was no were near this much headache. that was sorted in a week, this is now coming upto a month and stil not resolved

i kept calm because i knew they had my money and i had nothing.....i rang them today and he said hes going to put a refund through.
i hope i get my money back because they're too far away from me to go down in person and deal with it.

the second place i ordered my seat belt from i had a few issues with them but there was no were near this much headache. that was sorted in a week, this is now coming upto a month and stil not resolved
If no refund contact your bank as its fraud

its tuesday today and still no refund!! looks like im going to have to go to the bank, doubt they'll do much though

its tuesday today and still no refund!! looks like im going to have to go to the bank, doubt they'll do much though

hope you get this sorted. :)

on Saturday i was told id be gettin £85 back, today iv been told id be getting just under £60. trying to charge me for the original delivery for the items they sent even though they were the wrong ones & god knows what else!! not forgetting it cost me money to post this stuff back to them.
Paid them £120 for the stuff and the loom iv got cost £35 so im £85 down

Was also told id be getting a call back by end of working day 6pm, guess what... NOTHING. How suprising!

They ARE rubbish I've had similar trouble them describing part as in perfect condition when it was actually scratched to bits

I sore that post after all this...
and cheers il try that but all i have is my bank statment for payments, they didnt send me any recipts

UPDATE:04/05/2012-now been told i will be getting only £58.80 from £85 that was owed back, the price for the correct wiring loom has magically changed from £35 to £49.20 aswell as not getting any postage money back, EVEN THOUGH I PAID FOR RECEIVING A WRONG ITEM!
i also paid for posting the seatbelt and door switch back which there was no mention of any money for that being returned.
His Sh*tty excuse was i sent other items out to you and didnt charge you for postage... WTF they were wrong items, TWICE!!
ARGHHH im FUMING with these Ars*holes!!!

got to wait and see if i will get even the £58.50 back

I have gone down to their garage to pick up a part last year... i think it was for a dimming rear view mirror. I found it on ebay and paid for it and then went to collect it, got there and found it was for an 8L (what a bunch of clowns! have no product knowledge) so i wanted my refund. took the monkeys about 15 minutes to figure out how to refund my card.

I was laughing at them as well when i saw a standard (single) xenon headlamp on the counter for an A3, I asked them how much for it and he says £400!! for one headlamp?? no ballasts either??
that was the last time i used them.

Yeah Nirro are pretty crap. Whenever I've called them to find out if they have a part they either 1) don't answer the phone... 2) answer the phone, tell me they'll call me back but don't... or 3) answer the phone and quote a ridiculous (high) price.

ive always found them over priced

I too had to pay for postage to receive a very poorly described item and to return it to them my item was originally £38.60 inc del I got £33.40 plus I paid £2.70 to send it back still didn't get refund until I raised a dispute with parts getaway don't ever use them shoddy to say the least

damn I just got a quote from them to fit a new rear diff, agree they are ***** and I'm going to stay away from them now.

This thread is about the 3rd search result on google, HAHA

I know i have posted this on forum elsewhere yesterday but heres my problem: I ordered a spare 16" wheel for a 2010 Seat Ibiza charged £80 inc Next Day delivery I thought it was excessive but i needed it before i went on holiday was told by them yep no problem they was breaking one so I told them it had to have 215/45/16 tyre ect "yep no probs mate we break loads of cars" was the reponse. So I waited and after 3days?? i recieved it after hearing excuses that the delivery van broke down ect ect I recieved a rust old VW Beetle wheel with 205/55/16 tyre on it so I rang them and told them it didnt fit. They informed as I had" try to fit it they can not recieve a return its in there terms and conditions" then was not so politely told to go away so i figured it go to my credit card company they told me as the amount is below £100 i was nt covered and to take them to a small claims court. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!

I have thought about going to local trading standards but i am not sure what this will acheive as they will probably shut then reopen with a new name!!!!

wow thats unbelievable! i would go in and start telling them to sort it there and then...

Last time i went to them to get a rear wishbone which they said they had... gave it 10 mins and he brought me a pretty much new wishbone and knocked off £5... they have their occasional good days

wow thats unbelievable! i would go in and start telling them to sort it there and then... whenever i have gone into them i haven't had too many issues

I would but I live in Northampton!!! I found them via ebay!!! They doont repsond to emails or letters either.

long time ago when i was in my twenties when NIRRO were based in EDMONTON they sold me some 2nd hand shocks for my mk2 Golf and the MOT tester found out that they were all leaking.
you need to know your game if you are trading with them
plus many other cowboys out there that break cars when they
are on drugs and try to sell them to you for sky high prices
when they are sober.

Yes I thought nirro was a good garage until I took my sharan there. They fixed my valve pump but then but the wrong bolts on the crankshaft and it snapped!! They fixed that then forgot to put the turbo pipe back then had to take it back. The staff in the office are great but the mechanics have a bad attitude. It's a Shame coz I like the guys there and thevrs honest.

Reassuring to know the paperwork will be spot on then :lmfao:

First off good luck OP hope you get your refund.

Bought a rear caliper off them and had my nephew pay for it on collection.
Seized at first then got it to go once I had it on the works vice.

Depends on how they are on the day!.

I bought a drive-shaft from them last month via partsgateway - item was stated as being OEM but when it arrived it had had an aftermarket CV joint fitted in the past.

Prices aren't that competitive either, thankfully my refund wasn't as long drawn out as yours.

I would point them to this thread and tell them to get a move on with the refund, they have probably lost a lot of future business from people reading this, I for one wont be using them again.