Caught up in unofficial Gumball scenario!

RacingTeatray

Freezing in Moscow
Reaction score
Have experienced car-spotter nirvana in a sort of impromptu Gumball scenario.

Was on the motorway from Monaco back to Milan yesterday and thus got caught in the traffic of well-heeled F1 fans going home. Was passed by every model of Ferrari and Porsche past and present going like the clappers through the tunnels (there are about 100 tunnels - the noise was amazing). Seemed like every second car was an exotic of some sort. Highlights included a scarlet Enzo, a Porsche Carrera GT on English plates, a yellow Murcielago convertible and an immaculate F40. All going full chat. At one point was overtaken by a high speed convoy of German-registered cars that went (in tight formation): new BMW M6, new BMW M6, Porsche 911 Turbo, new Ferrari F430, Porsche GT3, BMW Z8, Porsche 997 Carrera S, Ferrari Maranello.

Fastest car of the day award though goes to the black Swiss-registered Ferrari 456GT that swept past me with an imperious flash of headlights as if I was parked. Given I was doing an easy 190kph, he must have been doing a good 250kph. Wow!

Not a Carabinieri in sight thankfully!

Sounds great, would have loved to see the Enzo. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif