international space station over UK tonight

When you say a great chance to see it, can you enlighten us a little more please, love stuff like this, but just want to know what im looking out for if im going to check it out :)

Thanks
Nilz

Clear sky in Devon so ill have a look out. Guess it will be a small H looking object bright and moving across the sky.

It will look like a bright moving star, for your best chance of seeing it you will need to be away from light pollution, but its still a bit hit and miss with cloud cover

Clear sky in Devon so ill have a look out. Guess it will be a small H looking object bright and moving across the sky.
spot on mate
iv seen it before and i was lucky it went over the top of me.. and i was close enough to see/make out the H shape

to give you some idea of speed, it will be going faster than a passenger plane..
Good luck!!

no prob s3dave.. i think im going to do that all the time to someone lol

Should see it any mo over here.

woooooooooohooooooo well i seen it..... anyone else

Any ideas when this is going over Brum, or have I missed it?

dam i just saw this, guessing i'll have missed it by now, does this happen often???

Think I can see it, a big bright light which is around twice the size of all the other stars in the sky, I'm in south east

Was too cloudy earlier looking again now

A bit overcast here, i saw a few glimpses of it, gonna try again just after 11,,,,:icon_thumright:
Good luck mate :icon_thumright:
i was very lucky the sky was clear, but didnt set-up my camera, hope i can get a photo tomorrow.........

There are two ISS passes tomorrow .... 20:30 and 22:07 ish

Think I can see it, a big bright light which is around twice the size of all the other stars in the sky, I'm in south east

Sounds like what I could see, couldn't make up my mind whether it was just a star tho. What direction were you looking? I'm in west Scotland and it was north eastish of me

I was looking north ish (well i live on the seafront and it was completely opposite) so I'm assuming it was north lol, never been any good with geography, don't even think it's slept right lol

Well I did see it. About 21:40 over Exeter. We had a clear sky and was easy to spot. It only lasted for about 30 secs. It think the bright stars people are mentioning are Venus and Jupiter which are close together in the sky for the next month or so in a south west direction.

Well I did see it. About 21:40 over Exeter. We had a clear sky and was easy to spot. It only lasted for about 30 secs. It think the bright stars people are mentioning are Venus and Jupiter which are close together in the sky for the next month or so in a south west direction.

HI mate so glad you seen it.. you right if you look to the West and you see what looks like a bright star, thats Venus and Jupiter will be lower to the horizon.

There are two ISS passes tonight .... 20:30 ish and 22:07 ish
maybe more cloud about tonight, but as s3dave's link shows, it will be around next week too.
Good luck if you are out looking, please lets see some photos!

Clouds are clearing up in the NW so will be giving it the beedy eye later ;)

I saw this on my way home last night at half past midnight, I didn't know what it was at the time though!

Found its track using satellite AR app on my phone,but not dark enough to see with the naked eye.

Too cloudy to the East and south. Clear as a bell to the west. Typical.

The ISS is back over the UK over the next few nights.
Pass time tonight is 21:17 ish and 22:52 ish ...very low pass may not be visible in northen locations. :icon_thumright:

Its a nice clear night, so maybe we will see something. Thanks spooky1 :) x

i didnt mate to much cloud for me... but iv seen some good photos from last night

7749186434_b8fcf8e76b.jpg

it will be over again tonight, will post time later

ISS passes over the UK tonight at 21:57 ish and 23:34 :icon_thumright:

OK, stood outside for the best part of 20 minutes not knowing what to look for.... then around 1003hrs, a bright moving star going accross the sky! That's got to be it right? Everything else moving are flashing white/blue/red.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.....amazing!

OK, stood outside for the best part of 20 minutes not knowing what to look for.... then around 1003hrs, a bright moving star going accross the sky! That's got to be it right? Everything else moving are flashing white/blue/red.
Yup thats exactly what you're looking for.
You can get a phone app called satellite ar helps you look for stuff like that