A Warning for those with standard locking w/nuts..

Remster

Reaction score
New here, so thought i'd post a quick warning i picked up last year (or maybe the yr before.)

Theives broke in to the compound at my local Audi garage one night. The compound was all alarmed etc so the owner was contacted by the police as they got to th scene. When they got there they chased a gang of criminals onto a nearby ind. estate. they had them cornered after one officer said,'stop or i'll release the dog' at which point it came over his radio 'no dogs on duty tonight, over' Doh! at least he tried tho! When the owner and police took a look around the compound afterwards, they found a big kitbag with almost every possible locknut key you could imagine apparently. Several cars had been jacked up, the wheels removed and then just 'dropped'. The owner went into the workshop to check on an original Audi Quattro they had in. It wasn't there.... The on night someone had forgotten to put it away in the workshop, and guess what? yep, wheels removed and the car was 'dropped' cost the garage a bit to repair it and because it had been 100% original, purchaser wanted a discount as it now wasn't. So the moral of the story is don't assume that your locking wheel nuts will keep yer alloys safe, seems the scummers have a way to get hold of the wheel nut keys. If i get hold of one of them, it'll bring a whole new meaning to tightening the nuts.......

you don't need the locking wheel not.. get a nut that sorta fits and a hammer .. bang it in place and hey presto! off it comes.. simple..

but you didn't hear that from me..

What is a McGuard? Sounds like a large bekilted Scotsman who stand watch over your car with a sharpened Claymore...which presumably it isn't. Although I kinda like that concept.

No need to register them. Simply send off a fiver with the key code and you get one through the post. Great service. Normaly within 48 hours.

The simple fact is if someone wants something bad enough they will get it !
cars,alloys,stereos etc!
Guy i knew years back had a old RS2OOO (mk2 shape) was thatchmed alarmed and imobilasied, was in his drive way , chains and posts! etc

How did they steal his car, they came with a HIAB lorry and liffted it away in the middle of the night !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif