new car for other half but a dilema

Reaction score
well looks like we are swapping the mk5 golf tdi for a scirocco tdi, candy white with sunroof.

Now do I let the stealers have hers they are offering 5k for a 2006 tdi sport but its Full GT spec. classix 17 inch alloys, arm rest, ipod adapter, rcd500, fogs etc.

Or do I let one of these buy your car sites take it for 5200 ????

If I let a car site take it I could swap the alloys with someone , take out the arm rest and rcd500 and sell those as they think its a sport from the quotes. But its all hassle and I`m busy with completing the extension Ive just built.

Could also sell it private for 6k ish but it really needs a service and cam belt change so thats 5-600 quid even if I do it myself and havn`t the time atm and theres the hassle of people coming and possibly having the money tied up in the car that I need to do my drive :(

What would you do ????

oh and another dilema is which car gets the garage???? my 6k S3 with 19`s or her almost new scirocco with 18`s on lol

Baws on what you say there, I'd take the dealer trade-in, just for simplicity. Yes, you can sell it for more privatlel, but by the time you've serviced it and changed the cambelt, your extra profit is minimal. As for selling it to a "we buy any car" type outfit, I'd steer well clear.

I agree on all those points!

No experience of webuyanycar.com, but I'd not trust them and could imagine you getting stung.

No harm in sticking an advert up for a week or so at a good price and seeing if you can shift it privately without doing the service items? I'm sure Golf's are easy cars to sell.

Baws on what you say there, I'd take the dealer trade-in, just for simplicity. Yes, you can sell it for more privatlel, but by the time you've serviced it and changed the cambelt, your extra profit is minimal. As for selling it to a "we buy any car" type outfit, I'd steer well clear.

Private wouldn't be an option unless you have a weeks holiday to show tyrekickers round your car and then have 'em not buy it because it's the wrong colour etc.

We buy any car offering £5200 will be the hook to get you there, when they'll start knocking a few hundred quid off for little things they can find.

I'd badger the dealers to find another £200 in the deal and let it go to them.

I'd go with this, and stick the Scirocco in the garage for the time being. Heard a few white ones being nicked, S3's are old now and not as desireable for the thieves.

First thing I'd do is tell the dealer that Webuyanycar offered you £5300 and ask if they can match it.

thanks for the replys, just backs up my thinking but then doubts set in. Car is spot on and all this came about because one of the kids has hidden the spare key somewhere lol looks like a expensive key replacing the whole car :)

A friend used wewillbuyyourcar and got more than they had advertised it for in the trader with no interest at all and lots more then the dealer offered so thats why I looked at them but for the difference and hassel its not worth it.

See how it goes when I go to do the final deal on wednesday.

Looks like my 19 inch sportecs are going to be on show outside, just as ive managed to widen my garage :( typical won`t get to have the nice new alloy garage door opener on my keyfob :(

well thats me well and truely skint and Ive lost my garage to my wifes car :( only had the nice aluminium Hormann controller on my keys for 2 weeks :(

but on a posotive the scirocco looks sweet :)