Tattoo ideas?! (may contain Atheism)

supanova

A3 2.0 TDI SE
Reaction score
Coleraine, Coleraine, United Kingdom, United Kingd
Hey guys!

So yeah for a long long time I've been wanting to get a nice simple meaningful tattoo but I havent done so yet as I dont want to rush into it and regret it. I have always been a big big fan of tattoos.

This will be my first tattoo and I want it to be tasteful discreet and non offending, I say this because I want to get an Atheist Tattoo. Now I know at this point some of you will think I'm a total *****, moron, etc etc but its what I strongly believe in and would like something to represent my reason. Dont worry I'm not going to get anything that screams out at people and offends people so I was thinking on something like the Darwin fish or the greek wording for atheist/without god.

Even though I say that I want this to be my first tattoo I'm interested to see other types of peoples tattoos on this forum. I know that this will not be my first and last tattoo as I'd want a few but to start the ball rolling.

*please if you find that this topic offends you, please do not scroll on as there may be other posts including tattoos to do with atheism simply do not comment instead click back and don't get involved*

TatFull.png

you say you want your first of many tattos to be discreet and non offending etc

to me a tatto is highly personal and should be done to please you and no other regardless.

it took me 2 years to find my first tat and after 5 years of wearing it i still love it so it was deffo worth the wait.

as for atheist designs i cant help, sorry :)

Not a big tattoo fan, but the two on this thread aint that bad tbh. Never thought I would say that, so there you go guys. :)

Wow, Willowsdad, that is an amazing tat!!

Even though I started the other thread that is in this one, I still havent got round to doing mine!!

I will one day, as its something I have always wanted and I believe that if you want something that badly, you should get it, no matter how long it takes.

Thanks mate. I wanted one for years too, but couldn't set my heart on what I wanted. But when my little girl passed away there was no question that I might have a change of heart, so we booked up and got it done. My other half had a portrait done which is amazing too, but we did spend some time on the web looking at artists work, and ended up travelling to exmouth in Devon to get them done.

best bet would be to go to a good tattoo artist and have them design it for you, that way no-one else has the same tat. i just book time in the studio i use and let them freestyle, not regretted it yet

+1. We just told him what we'd like, and a couple of weeks later he came back with sketches. We told him what we did and didn't like about them, and he changed them till we were happy. You need to feel comfortable with the artist, and have absolutely no doubt in their ability.

Sorry to hear about your little girl mate, thought your name may have been related to something like this, I think the tat, the sentiment and meaning behind it is very emotional/heartfelt.

Thanks mate, they were tough times but life goes on regardless. My first daughter was esme willow and because of what happened we called our second girl willow-rose. So willowsdad just fits, and my names Paul so all the good user names were taken.

i have 5 tattoos, i design and draw them all, my next session is on the 10th may to have my chest piece finished, i've ideas that i've told the tattooist but i havent drawn them up yet. this time im letting this guy add/alter my drawings as i know he's V good and value his input.
i suggest you find a tattooist you trust and admire and throw ideas/pictures at him, it is there job afterall.

Thanks mate, they were tough times but life goes on regardless. My first daughter was esme willow and because of what happened we called our second girl willow-rose. So willowsdad just fits, and my names Paul so all the good user names were taken.
This is the best user name in the world, we have lost twins, we weren't able to enjoy any time with them, but they will always be remembered, not long commented on another thread which you were in, to use the words of Vinnie "it was emotional" lol

I love tats, Would like to get a tribal peace down the right hand side of my body if I ever get back in shap, I only have one and that took me years to get as I have a major phobia over needles. But then realised after having one its totally different than having one stuck in your arm lol. Mine is my avatar on my right shoulder.

As said search around and find someone you trust with a good portfolio.
Where you planning on having it ? That could play part in the design.