First time go-kating- any advice?

I

imported_Yaseen

off gokarting in a couple of months as work "team building", not been before so looking forward to it!

person who booked it doesnt know what top speed etc is, only that "it has a honda engine"!

any tips on handling/getting a good start and so on? how many pedals do they have- assuming just two?

take a strong drink to remove the horible taste you will get in your mouth..

oh and dont brake going round the corners is you feal you are going wide just turn in tighter and nail it.

take whole bus load full of pretty young woman with large breasts along with you to stand on the side and cheer every time you go past. Then if you drive really badly it won't matter as you've spent the entire race staring at those lovely knockers. And just think, all the other blokes will also be staring and will probably crash.... :))

[ QUOTE ]
Put some padding on the back of the seat

[/ QUOTE ]

is it enough to just fold up a jacket etc behind you?

[ QUOTE ]
Don't crash. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif [/quote
[ QUOTE ]
oh and 'don't crash'! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, will be taking more risks than in car thats for sure!!

shame like everyone at work- otherwise would be more fun..but then all is fair in love, war and the track /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

[ QUOTE ]
For the first lap and even the start (if the people running it aren't watching /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif )- don't take your foot of the accelerator and brake when you need. Only for the first lap. That will keep the revs up on the engine and should get you into the lead as you come out of corners far better.

Do it any more than a few laps and you'll find out what it's like to try and brake with ****** brakes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Also being smooth and taking corners at the right speed rather than sidewards is much faster - although less fun:) its no coincidence shuemacher is a good kart driver

Hope its twin engine outdoor stuff?

Either way karting is always fun - pity they don't let you drink more!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PS - honda make lawn mower engines - not really saying much /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Dunno id twin engine, but it is outdoor /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Will definately use your first lap tip /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Have a look at the restricter on the accelarator cable. If it's like the one I've used you can lift the cable over the restrictor and get full speed on the straights like the pro's. The karts near me are restricted to approx 40mph but we know that by pulling the restrictor cable up you can get nearer 60 mph.
Before ye ask, I know because we were caught after they timed our laps - and kicked us out. Dooohhh..

Also if you'll be out for more that half an hour it's a good idea to wear gloves. Had a mate who lost his thumb in a crash. One car crashed and everyone decided to have a pile up.

[/ QUOTE ]

work thing so won`t risk playing with the restrictor. but another time yup!!

Only got some normal gloves!! but will wear anyway. your mates tale has scared me now!!

[ QUOTE ]
Tip for overtaking.

If on a slower hairpin, aim to get as close as possible to the car in front. Then nail him down the straight actually more or less touching his rear bumper. When you get to the next corner dont brake, he's then braking for two which sends him wide and you can tuck in to the inside /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It takes a bit of practice, but pays divedends once mastered.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol- would love it if I pull that off!! hopefully get chance to try

[ QUOTE ]

The solution that worked for me: Shades and an open visor. Your eyes could be streaming though.

[/ QUOTE ]

cheers mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif will use

[ QUOTE ]

if you wanna be quick, i recommend you dont eat between now and the big day!!!!
take no ****** prisoners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

[ QUOTE ]
take whole bus load full of pretty young woman with large breasts along with you to stand on the side and cheer every time you go past.

[/ QUOTE ]

Id be then desperate to be first!! and prob write off the kart lol

Just nail it all way round dont lift off and push anyone trying to overtake in the wall or wide on corners /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

Nice whoring Yaseen. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Nice whoring Yaseen. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol thats not whoring- its appreciating the good answers!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

Keep your visor down! Got rust in my eye and had to have it removed with a needle, lesson learn't...