Caught speeding at 159mph......

• Thread starter imported_Adambsmith
  • Start date
I

imported_Adambsmith

Click Here

I thought speeding was an absolute offence - you either were or you weren't?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soap.gif

[ QUOTE ]
`honing his skills` my **** !

[/ QUOTE ]

PMSL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif - Nice one.......

does that give me license to speed everytime i test drive a punters car ?
just making sure its safe cuntstable /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Spot on Dave..... This is really making my working day a much happier one... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]
anyone know what car he was in?

[/ QUOTE ]

A Police Car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
District Judge Bruce Morgan acquitted him after calling the constable the "creme de la creme" of police drivers.

[/ QUOTE ]

So that's a prime example of British law enforcement?

You have to love the judge!!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A Police Car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

A Vauxhall Vectra... check the other links on thepage....

"Ludlow Magistrates Court had previously heard that Pc Milton had taken a newly-commissioned, unmarked Vauxhall Vectra car out on a night patrol in December 2003 to assess its capabilities.

The car's on-board video camera clocked him travelling at 159mph on the M54, at 84mph in a 30mph zone and 131mph on an A-road near his Telford base."

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny Guy! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny Guy! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Why Thank you.... I try my best and aim to please.......

He was shopped by other coppers who had seen the speed he was driving on the car's video equipment so some of them must have thought he was being a total ****.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you know when i first heard it i didn't know it was in a police car, just a police officer driving fast, didn't say whether it was on or off duty, that was scary. but it was unmarked which isn't good either.

[ QUOTE ]
Didn't see the bit where he was speeding in a 30. Guess he could have killed a pikey child out playing at that time of night.

[/ QUOTE ]

So only "pikey" children are at risk from a car doing 3 times the speed limit in a built up area? In England you get all sorts of people around at night.

Amazing but true.

Oh... and another thing...... remember the ambulance driver was caught speeding transporting an organ from one hospital to another......, http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-693762,00.html

The news indicates no further action was taken by Cambridgshire police after the NIP was issued but Lincolnshire Police decided to charge him.
.... and this guy was in an official car with flashing blue lights..

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They're having a little chat about it on a Police forum I frequent!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

http://www.police999.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1184

[/ QUOTE ]

. JPO makes sense on that forum /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll thank you to keep those sort of derogatory comments to youself,,,,,, if you don't mind! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Well, if you look into the story, behind the sensational headlines, turns out a copper got a new un-marked car, wanted to get used to using it at high speeds, took it for a blast up the motorway:

Taken from The Sun:

"Grade 1 advanced driver PC Milton tested a souped-up cop car — a 3.2 litre Vauxhall Vectra GSi — just after midnight around Telford, Shropshire, where he is based. He had not driven it before and was “familiarising” himself with its handling so he would know how to use it safely in an emergency. An on-board camera recorded he hit 159mph on the M54 and was still doing 120mph as he came off on a slip road. He reached 125mph on the A41, 137mph on the A5 and even did 100mph on a minor road, the B5060."

To do his job this copper had do an Advanced Driving Course and not only pass but get to the top grade and also attend and pass a Pursuit Management and On Road training course.

Id rather he went out for a spin and got to know his car in his own time rather than wrap it round a lampost next time hes chasing someone.

Im not really a big fan of the Police, a small minority of them seem to have traded in their 'common sense' for a rule book thats only in black and white and doesnt leave anything to their own judgement BUT far worse is the Sun on a slow news day hyping up something out of proportion.

Of course, this is all IMHO.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Huge arguments on the "5ive-o- forum(police based) http://www.e-clypse.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6750&page=4#post82257

Basicly the "resident feds" are saying they are with-in the law to do wot ever speed they want as they are exempt!!!
Personaly yes i drive fast but not to the speeds he done i aint ment to be setting a example to others,I dont care how many coarses they guy has went on at 160MPH you aint safe , wot if some one is just plodding along at 70mph in the 3rd/fast lane ???? basicly they would be DEAD! wot about a tyre blowing etc? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soap.gif

"creme de la creme" of Police drivers, OK so how come Damon Hill got done for speeding? he was F1 World /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif champion for god sake, he can drive!

This is typical of this country, rules for Police and rules for jo public!

I was a CO's staff driver for 6 months in the army and did tactical driving and anti terrorist driving courses but that did not stop me getting done doing 89mph on the M4, 19mph over the speed limit.

That judge should not be allowed to sit on another driving conviction case ever again, as it would be a farce letting some Police idiot off for over 5 speeding offences, 3 of them over 100mph so automatic bans and all in one court sitting!!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soap.gif

At least he didn't crash...

police024.jpg