Fuel Additives and equivalents to Shell V Power or better?

G

_G_

All the local garages are out of v power and people here are still panic buying fuel (not as bad as yesterday but still queuing)... there was even a punch up at the pumps... but that all aside...

I need some 99 RON fuel... and the only option seems to be to get the standard shell fuel and add some wynn's petrol treatment to raise the RON rating... would that be worth it? I've never tried it before but a few thoughts are: it works out £4.99 for the wynn's alone... add to that the full tank of fuel.

Or is there something better out there? BP Ultimate (that old chestnut).

Any thoughts or ideas appreciated.

I take it you have a high performance audi? Tesco sell 99 ron, i though Vpower was 97 ron anyways?

pretty sure v power is 99 ron... but anyhow... remapped 2.0 tfsi... 240bhp... and it really doesnt like standard unleaded... burns it much quicker and IMHO i have noticed the engine is less responsive (its in the owners manual too i.e. higher ron will give more benefits)... always preferred the v power to the tesco 99 as the v power seems to give more responsivveness compared with tesco 99... have found that tesco 99 has always been a bit of a lucky dip i.e. sometimes they have a good batch of fuel and i swear it is like having v power in the tank... but there is too much inconsistency for me... other times it is just tesco 99 and nothing special... well that all aside... i ended up getting a bottle of redex 0-60 octane booster and adding it to a tank of shell fuel saver... the bottle says that it boosts the octane by about 1.5-2 ron (a much more reasonable claim than wynn's who claim up to 5 ron increase but the wynns is half the price)...

end product... shell fuel save (95) and redex (96.5-97 ron). feels good. die cameron die??

Just buy it and use it

I know this wont apply to you, but i always put 300ml or so of 2 stroke oil in with every other fill up of diesel.

Burns better than even the V-Power diesel! and far more performance, less smoke etc

Although do tesco do a perfromance diesel fuel?

I know this wont apply to you, but i always put 300ml or so of 2 stroke oil in with every other fill up of diesel.

Burns better than even the V-Power diesel! and far more performance, less smoke etc

Although do tesco do a perfromance diesel fuel?

Which 2 stroke oil do you use?

Which 2 stroke oil do you use?
+1

Whats the theory behind it? How does two stroke oil make the fuel more powerful :S

Edit:
Jus googled and found this. You sir, may just have solved a major problem for me! Will find out soon enough. Reckon its worth posting elsewhere?

Last edited:
bro in law asks: 2 stroke semi syn or fully synth?
any particular brand? and how much to add?

pretty sure v power is 99 ron... but anyhow... remapped 2.0 tfsi... 240bhp... and it really doesnt like standard unleaded... burns it much quicker and IMHO i have noticed the engine is less responsive (its in the owners manual too i.e. higher ron will give more benefits)... always preferred the v power to the tesco 99 as the v power seems to give more responsivveness compared with tesco 99... have found that tesco 99 has always been a bit of a lucky dip i.e. sometimes they have a good batch of fuel and i swear it is like having v power in the tank... but there is too much inconsistency for me... other times it is just tesco 99 and nothing special... well that all aside... i ended up getting a bottle of redex 0-60 octane booster and adding it to a tank of shell fuel saver... the bottle says that it boosts the octane by about 1.5-2 ron (a much more reasonable claim than wynn's who claim up to 5 ron increase but the wynns is half the price)...

end product... shell fuel save (95) and redex (96.5-97 ron). feels good. die cameron die??

Hi Mate i did sort a group buy on here last month for products from Bardahl they do a range of additives and octane booster they are a world famous company but in the past 30years have let the uk market slip but we have arranged for them to supply the UK market once more i am running their products in my A4 2.0tfsi and was so impressed i have now become the distributor for Wales & South West they are not the cheapest products on the market but as the saying goes you get wa you pay for and their chemistry in the products has even won the nobel prize! ant its also patented so only Bardahl have the rights to use it. if you would like further info and some prices drop me a line or pm
cheers
Dar

Darrenrobertsprd@hotmail.co.uk
Mob. 07534508076