JMB RetrofitsSky Insurance
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    molly s3's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    66

    Question Anybody been to Vegas & done Driving Experience?

    Hi folks...

    Looking for a bit of help please
    Hope I'm posting this in the right place (mods feel free to move it if it's not - cheers).

    Basically my query is this....has anybody done any of the driving experiences in Las Vegas?
    Heading there in a couple of months and would like to treat my other half to something special for his birthday.
    Would love to hear from anybody who has done anything like this in Vegas.

    From my research sofar (hardly extensive, but google and trip advisor!) this is what I have come up with...

    RACING SCHOOL, Exotics racing school is the ultimate driving experience at Las Vegas Speedway with Ferrari, Lamborghini and Porsche.
    Is one option, the speedway route. Know my other half would literally cream himself for a shot of the Gallardo or the Superleggera...and the GTR would do the trick too.

    Las Vegas Racing Experience | Las Vegas Attractions
    This option rates very highly on trip advisor but on a different level as your on the 'open roads' so to speak.

    If anybody has done this while in Vegas, or anywhere in the states, I'd love some feedback.
    Either of the above or anything different.
    Both are bloody expensive so would like to choose right!!

    Thanks folks!!
    Molly

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    jcs356's Avatar
    Brum brum

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Englandland
    Posts
    2,681
    I haven't done one of those days, but I have driven to and from Vegas and there are some great roads and great scenery to behold. Have you thought of just hiring something like a Corvette or Mustang for the day and just driving it on the public roads? You could get to the Hoover Dam, Death Valley etc. from Vegas and combine the car with a bit of siteseeing.
    Jason
    2001 Nogaro S3 (daily driver)

    1958 replica Porsche 356 Speedster (summer posing)
    1997 Seat Cordoba SX 16v (track day toy) replacing (t)rusty 1994 Seat Ibiza GTi RIP

  4. #3
    molly s3's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    66
    Thanks for the reply, good call - will look into that too! Only there for 3 days so want to pack in as much as possible.
    From what I've heard Hoover dam isn't too far away so this might be a good spot for a road trip

    Quote Originally Posted by jcs356 View Post
    I haven't done one of those days, but I have driven to and from Vegas and there are some great roads and great scenery to behold. Have you thought of just hiring something like a Corvette or Mustang for the day and just driving it on the public roads? You could get to the Hoover Dam, Death Valley etc. from Vegas and combine the car with a bit of siteseeing.

  5. #4
    jcs356's Avatar
    Brum brum

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Englandland
    Posts
    2,681
    I really enjoyed the Hoover Dam - it is unbelievably huge. They've built a new bypass road and a massive bridge since I was there which also looks awesome:
    Jason
    2001 Nogaro S3 (daily driver)

    1958 replica Porsche 356 Speedster (summer posing)
    1997 Seat Cordoba SX 16v (track day toy) replacing (t)rusty 1994 Seat Ibiza GTi RIP

  6. #5
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    2,219
    These guys are on the strip...
    rent car Las Vegas, rent a car in Las Vegas - Dream Car Rentals, Las Vegas, NV
    And they rock.
    they have a 68 GTO that id give BOTH of my testicles for...have to reserve early though.but take as much insurance as you can
    Pass me my sock

    Want to help cure cancer? http://folding.stanford.edu/English/HomePage

  7. #6
    molly s3's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    66
    Thanks guys! Great suggestions there....the hoover dam looks mighty impressive....as does the GTO!

  8. #7
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    2,219
    Sod the dam, rent the goat!!! There are numerous ways to see the dam..drive yourself, by plane, coach or chopper.Trouble with the trips is that they are near enough full day...the chopper is the quickest but also the most expensive.Ive used both heli-usa and papillon, and papillon are the best by far with price and efficiancy.Must do a heli strip tour...its only about five minutes in the air, but heli make you wait for about 2 hrs before flying, and you are herded with other fliers.Papillon was about 45 mins.Should get some good deals at the mo cos vegas is quiet what with the economic situation etc.If youre there end of may ill see you there
    Pass me my sock

    Want to help cure cancer? http://folding.stanford.edu/English/HomePage

  9. #8
    fingermouse's Avatar
    thats me

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    west yorkshire
    Posts
    3,762
    you can do a trip into the Hoover Dam and its worth every penny imo

    also go the the Harley Davison restraunt its spot on with bike going round the walls and the ribs are to die for
    red to red black to black blue to bits

  10. #9
    molly s3's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    66
    Sweet thanks for this info...also planning to do a chopper trip! Dont know how the hell I'm gonna fit it all in with just three days...eeek. Plus the obligatory partying, drinking, gambling etc and hopefully a trip to a shooting range


    Will be there on June 2nd so just might see ya there!!

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnythepie View Post
    Sod the dam, rent the goat!!! There are numerous ways to see the dam..drive yourself, by plane, coach or chopper.Trouble with the trips is that they are near enough full day...the chopper is the quickest but also the most expensive.Ive used both heli-usa and papillon, and papillon are the best by far with price and efficiancy.Must do a heli strip tour...its only about five minutes in the air, but heli make you wait for about 2 hrs before flying, and you are herded with other fliers.Papillon was about 45 mins.Should get some good deals at the mo cos vegas is quiet what with the economic situation etc.If youre there end of may ill see you there

  11. #10
    molly s3's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    66
    The Vegas to do list is getting longer
    That's dinner sorted one of the nights anyway!

    Quote Originally Posted by fingermouse View Post
    you can do a trip into the Hoover Dam and its worth every penny imo

    also go the the Harley Davison restraunt its spot on with bike going round the walls and the ribs are to die for

  12. #11
    sidibear's Avatar
    Looking for Zombies !!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Birmingham UK
    Posts
    2,003
    I did the NASCAR drive along thing at Daytona and its f&&king awesome.

    But when in Vegas, you have to visit The Gun Store, nothing else matters

    JSD 2.59
    Synergy-Solutions

  13. #12
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    2,219
    Quote Originally Posted by molly s3 View Post
    Sweet thanks for this info...also planning to do a chopper trip! Dont know how the hell I'm gonna fit it all in with just three days...eeek. Plus the obligatory partying, drinking, gambling etc and hopefully a trip to a shooting range


    Will be there on June 2nd so just might see ya there!!
    72hrs no sleep no problem
    Pass me my sock

    Want to help cure cancer? http://folding.stanford.edu/English/HomePage

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Audi B8 A4 Driving Experience at Splugen Pass (Switzerland & Italy)
    By Andreas_D in forum Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B8 Chassis)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 1st July 2010, 19:44
  2. Driving Experience
    By jamiekip in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 2nd September 2008, 18:45
  3. Audi Driving Experience
    By KRL in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 31st March 2008, 14:22
  4. Supercar Driving Experience
    By DaveACQ20v in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23rd June 2006, 17:56
  5. Audi Driving Experience
    By auroan in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 3rd April 2005, 19:44

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO