Fabrice Muamba

voorhees

Staff member
Reaction score
Just seen the news,he collapsed on the pitch and the game has been abandoned,looks like a heart attack.
Hope he's okay

Horrific news! Puts the game into perspective, my prays go to him.

I was watching the game on ESPN, he was all alone on the pitch and just collapsed, he went down on his front clutching his chest and was fitting on the pitch, the players tried to move him onto his back but they were unsuccessful. The physios and medical staff were onto the pitch really quickly.

The crowd went totally quiet immediately, and the faces of the people in the crowd were of complete shock. Some of the fans were praying, some were crying. Most of the players were in deep shock, from both teams.

The crowd came together to chant the name of Muamba, both sets of fans forgot about rivalries and came together to show support for this young player.

Hope he survives.

yeh just saw this on the news, felt really saddened by this. Hopes he ok. Horrific to watch, especially as he's only in his early twenties.

Sad news, so young and a father too, hope and pray he pulls thru and is ok.

Critically ill in hospital,doesn't sound good at all.

Critically ill in hospital,doesn't sound good at all.

24-hour monitoring in a cardiac unit... definitely doesn't sound good.

Good to see everyone at the ground pulled together to wish him the best though - faith in football fans restored.

doesnt sound good at all.heart had stopped and only got going on way to hospital.is now sedated in icu.

Happy Days? How inappropriate.
Looking back, yes probably was considering he is still critically ill. I had heard he was stable, somewhat nicer to position to be in than he is now. Didn't mean it the way it looked, you only have to look at my first post to know that!!

Looking back, yes probably was considering he is still critically ill. I had heard he was stable, somewhat nicer to position to be in than he is now. Didn't mean it the way it looked, you only have to look at my first post to know that!!
Good reply James

Cheers! Felt I needed to reply, felt guilty after reading it back

Made perfect sense to me, totally understand/understood where you were coming from.

Hopefully Fabrice will come good. And if he does, hopefully he'll still have the mind and body to play on.

Sad thing is, his footballing career is over whatever happens.

As much as I hope he makes a full recovery, by the sounds of things he has suffered terribly and I just hope he survives.

Just a quick note to say that we hope he pulls through and our thoughts are with his family,,

Shocking watching it, and a big round of applause for both sets of fans, it was quickly realised something was badly wrong...and every body acted with great dignity...

Hey, I didn't mean to make you feel bad; it just seemed a bit of a frivolous way to say it , but I realise what you meant. We all want the same thing, for Fabrice Muamba to pull through. But even if he does, I fear State of Play is right; it's unlikely he will be able to resume a playing career.

Latest news saying that he is showing signs of improvement, thats good to hear.

Made perfect sense to me, totally understand/understood where you were coming from.

Hopefully Fabrice will come good. And if he does, hopefully he'll still have the mind and body to play on.
Glad somebody did, it was easily misunderstood.

Hey, I didn't mean to make you feel bad; it just seemed a bit of a frivolous way to say it , but I realise what you meant. We all want the same thing, for Fabrice Muamba to pull through. But even if he does, I fear State of Play is right; it's unlikely he will be able to resume a playing career.
No problem, once I read it back I could see where you were coming from, I know what I meant though. Luckily, the good news is he is now in a better condition, positive signs. As for his career, unfortunately, it's over.

Further updates.

Fabrice Muamba can recognise family, say hospital and Bolton

Fabrice Muamba "has been able to recognise family members and respond to questions appropriately", his club Bolton and hospital have jointly said.

The 23-year-old can "breathe independently" without a ventilator but remains in intensive care after a cardiac arrest on Saturday.