Monster MotorsportAH Fabrications
    1st Gear

Status

Audi Driving Experience

Has anybody attended one of these days at Silverstone, was wondering if its good value for money at £499.

Thanks

Andy

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Yes, I've done them both..... But I think they only offer the 'standard' one now, which is on the stowe circuit.

And yes I would say it is good value, you get plently of time in the cars. Not sure what they are using this year?

Pity they don't still do the advanced course, that was fantastic, and was on the main circuit..!!
    In my personal opinion

6th Gear

Status
    How much time do you actually get behind the wheel?
    Coss

S3 S-tronic: Panther Black, lots of extras, MTM remap

Neutral

Status
    I did it back in October with the wife, in both of our opinions worth the money even forking out for the 2 of us.

The cars were TTRS, V10 R8 and the S5. I didnt keep an eye on how much time you spent in the cars as there wasnt really time to! Apart from brief coffee breaks and lunch the whole day was in one of the cars. Neither of us felt short changed by the time in the car.

Other than when you do a fast lap driven by one of the instructors at the end of the day there is never an instructor in the car with you. You are paired up with someone at the start of the day and share driving duties which I didnt realise when I booked it. I ended up stuck in a car with my missus all day which wasn't quite what I had planned ;-)

You do a variety of exercises from emergency stops, slalom course (timed), laping the course, handling on short sections on the course and rapid changes of direction in the wet (my personal favourite in the S5 with the ESP off :-)).

At times you do get slowed down a little by the person in front but thats something you have to get used to until its your turn to be at the front. About the only no no was hanging back when you were lapping in your group and nailing it to catch up, this would get you a talking to from the instructor and potentially binned. They never even complained when the wife left the track backwards in the TTRS......

The only real niggle was the Audi "propaganda" film you had to sit through as part of the safety brief. Oh and the other niggle is it looks like i now have to work out how to afford 2 places on one of the European courses without selling the wife.

Ligur

5th Gear

Status
    Price?
    07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, S4 alloys, Spacers, Black Optics, Eibachs, RS4 grill and fogs, Fog tints, RS4 ARB, RS4 Gearstick, LCR splitter, Black Calipers, Drilled discs, Debadged, Colour DIS, Bose, Adaptive Xenons/DRL, Black/Silver Audi Exclusive leather, Audi Carbon inlays, carbon difuser/B pillars, RNS-E+/Bluetooth, Cruise, Int/ext light packs, Rain/light sensors, mudflaps, LED plate/side/boot/interior

Neutral

Status
    £499 as mention in the first post

Status
    We're looking to do this at some point this year.

Did 1/2 day SLS AMG experience at Brooklands last year and it was nearly £1200 EACH for a half day, and you only get to drive SLS for 1 hour.

By comparison the Audi day looks great value, and you'll be amazed how much you can learn in a day which translates into much better driving skills on the road.
    Audi S3 Panther Black [2011] Build Thread
    Mods: Revo Stg2, Blueflame TBE, Eibach Pro springs, R8 oil cap

On order: Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition, Phantom Black [Due 26 May 2014]

Planned Mods: Revo Stg1+ with DSG map, Revo CAI, custom exhaust, H&R Trax spacers, EM Tuning LED interior lights, R8 oil cap, Porsche coolant & brake fluid cap

3rd Gear

Status
    My son attended this for his 21st and absolutely loved it....came back absolutely shattered due to the time in the cars and the concentration needed so there is plenty of driving involved.

Like Warren, I want to book this for 'she who must be obeyed' and myself this year as the skills you learn are relevant to the cars and the situations you could find on the road as well as being good fun.

6th Gear

Status
    £1200 for 1 hour?! Good lord! You can hire an R8 V10 for about £500 for a whole day!!

I bought my dad an experience day with Prodrive for his birthday last month. £274 for a 2 hour 1 to 1 session with an instructor thrashing around a Scooby STi. 1 and a half of those hours is you behind the wheel doing whatever the hell you want. From high speed manoeuvres, to skid pan, to having a play on their tarmac rally stage (which apparently they use to develop their rally cars). You can give them all a go in your allotted time. That I think is good value for money....
    Coss

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by lil_coz View Post
    £1200 for 1 hour?! Good lord!
    £1200 for one hour in SLS, but you do get 1 hour in a C63 or SL63 as well!!!

Lets just say I didn't pay for this and to me whilst I enjoyed it hugely I didn't think it represented value for money.

Here is the instructor showing me how to do a launch in the SLS during the training session (ahead of my one hour drive)

Audi S3 Panther Black [2011] Build Thread
    Mods: Revo Stg2, Blueflame TBE, Eibach Pro springs, R8 oil cap

On order: Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition, Phantom Black [Due 26 May 2014]

Planned Mods: Revo Stg1+ with DSG map, Revo CAI, custom exhaust, H&R Trax spacers, EM Tuning LED interior lights, R8 oil cap, Porsche coolant & brake fluid cap

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by warren_S3 View Post
    Here is the instructor showing me how to do a launch in the SLS during the training session (ahead of my one hour drive)

Hold onto that camera Warren! Lol
    Coss

Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

Status
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    I got to rape a R8 at silverstone for £55 for a few laps!