EM TuningAH Fabrications
    5th Gear

Status

Anybody work in the offshore industry?

As per title; does anybody work offshore? I'm after some advice. Particularly from anybody working/having worked for TransOcean.
    2012 RNSe Navigation Discs with unit software update. PM me.

Suzuki GSX-R 750 K5

A4 S-Line. Mods so far; Cruise, DIS, Mk2 RNS-e, Audi 6 CD changer, XcarLink with self manufactured permanent ipod dock, B8 MFSW, Dectane Dayline Headlights with independantly switched DRL's, RS4 Rear ARB, De-badged, RS4 pedals, HIDS, RS4 front grille and RS4 style fog surrounds, LCR splitter in Satin Black, Rear Park Assist, LED gearknob, Red footwell lighting, Kitchen sink and Shower cubicle.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    I work on boats.... What you after mate?
    Coss

S3 S-tronic: Panther Black, lots of extras, MTM remap

5th Gear

Status
    Well basically I'm after getting into the industry. I have booked and paid for BOSIET, MIST, Banksman Slinger and medical and its at the end of March. Got a wealth of Mechanical Engineering experience, especially plant equipment. Just need somebody in the biz to give me some pointers as to whom to approach etc.

Absolutely more than happy to start from the ground up, not too proud to be a maintenance roustabout. I swing a mean paintbrush

Suzuki GSX-R 750 K5

A4 S-Line. Mods so far; Cruise, DIS, Mk2 RNS-e, Audi 6 CD changer, XcarLink with self manufactured permanent ipod dock, B8 MFSW, Dectane Dayline Headlights with independantly switched DRL's, RS4 Rear ARB, De-badged, RS4 pedals, HIDS, RS4 front grille and RS4 style fog surrounds, LCR splitter in Satin Black, Rear Park Assist, LED gearknob, Red footwell lighting, Kitchen sink and Shower cubicle.

6th Gear

Status
    I don't have any connections with what you want to get into, but the only advice I can give is get your CV out there mate. The more you send out the better obviously, and someone will bite. Best of luck though!
    Coss

5th Gear

Status
    I sent off 1348 CVs believe it or not and had no interest . Decided to do these mandatory courses first to beef up my CV and show my commitment to finding a career in the industry. Catch 22 situation mind you, because if nothing comes of it, thats £1200 down the drain.

Suzuki GSX-R 750 K5

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by gary3306 View Post
    I sent off 1348 CVs believe it or not and had no interest .
    Sweet Moses, you're kidding?! Maybe with the training that you're going through will make your CV stand out a bit more. Trouble is, you've got to invest in courses to make yourself attractive to companies.

I'm in the pleasure cruising side of things, hence no connections from my end. But I do seem to remember a while ago a thread and another member was on a rig somewhere? Can't remember who it was. This was a good couple of years ago though. If not more.
    Coss

5th Gear

Status
    I shall hunt it down! Yep 1348. I would say about 50 of them replied with a '...sorry, nothing at the moment, thank you for your interest...'

I'm not dead yet, the crusade continues......

Suzuki GSX-R 750 K5

6th Gear

Status
    Oh yea, most definitely. Something will turn up eventually.

Are you willing to work abroad? I've just remembered I did a course with someone a while ago who used to work on offshore windfarms in Denmark. 4 weeks on, 4 weeks off jobby. He was Captain of the boat that took the engineers out to the windfarms, so don't know if the engineers have a similar deal. I don't have his number, but I could try and track it down if you want?
    Coss

5th Gear

Status
    I'm willing to work anywhere mate

Suzuki GSX-R 750 K5