Linkedin

ScottD3

I want your faulty electronics
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
wheelsnwires.blogspot.com
Couple of friends joined Linkedin yesterday and thought I'd join to take a look around.

I have no idea what it is or really how to use.
It looks like a on line CV store crossed with facebook.

Upload your CV, add friends and then hope that their connections see your CV and hope you get a job out of it?

Any one use it, had any thing happen on it?
General views and thought about it.

I use it, never got a job out of it, but a handy way of keeping an eye on some people I used to work with!

I see there is a clear difference between it and Facebook. Facebook is for your mates and is a social tool. LinkedIn is a professional tool for networking and as you say, you never know, you might get a job out of it. For that reason I'm much more careful about who I accept as a friend on LinkedIn. I'll only connect to someone I know well - not someone who just happened to be on the same floor of an office as me. For that reason I've probably rejected more link requests than I've accepted as I don't really want to be linked to some sort of f***wit I barely know.

LinkedIn isn't a popularity contest, it's about building a good network of contacts who you would recommend to others or who you'd work with again. I don't want my credibility compromised by being linked to someone who doesn't fall into those categories.

I find it useful as a way to see what's going on within my small industry. I generally hate the idea of networking, but feel that when it's about you & your job, if you want to get on, it helps to know who's about & what they're up to.

I also use it to see what old colleagues are still doing wrong!

I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.

i have it but never really use it. just there as i was told to register by a previous agency i worked with. pretty boring really

I use it a fair bit. As others had said, it is good to build a professional network and keep an eye on previous colleagues.

Tend to get a few calls/emails from recruiters as well.