Liverpool v Chelsea- thoughts and predicted score?

• Thread starter imported_Yaseen
  • Start date
I

imported_Yaseen

As a liverpool fan im biased but reckon we can keep it tight and nick a goal so 1-0 my prediction.

Can`t concentrate at work- so excited by this match....not paying £4k for a ticket though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Come on you BLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUES
2-1 the Chels

[ QUOTE ]
2-2

[/ QUOTE ]

But who to win in extra time/penalties?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
2-2

[/ QUOTE ]

But who to win in extra time/penalties?

[/ QUOTE ]

2-2 would mean Celsea win on away goals, 1-1 would be good enough for them

Who cares? Why don't they just abandon the 90 minutes start, forget the 30 minutes extra time and just play 5 shot penalties. That way all the fans won't have time to get drunk, there'll be no trouble and no one's time will have been wasted.

Sorted. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Who cares? Why don't they just abandon the 90 minutes start, forget the 30 minutes extra time and just play 5 shot penalties. That way all the fans won't have time to get drunk, there'll be no trouble and no one's time will have been wasted.

Sorted. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

or what about `paper, scissors, stone` best of three /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

As a Man U fan...I oddly have a tending towards a Liverpool win...

Basically, those southern have won enough this year (undoubtedly deserved in the case of the league though) and I just can't bear the thought of that smug manager and the obnoxious look on his face...

Liverpool will have to play a blinder to win..but, it's at Anfield...home crowd...maybe the scene is set for a wonder goal from Captain Marvell?
How's the 89th minute sound...at the Kop end?

Gerrard had better play a wee bit better than the 1st game if Liverpool are to get a win. Especially with Alonso out.

I actually like Mourhino because he's so up himself!! And more importantly he's shut up Wenger and his boring i did'nt see it nonsense.
I'd love to see Strachan take over Man Utd after next season and see the press conferences between Strachan and Mourhino. That would be true entertainment!

I think Chelsea will score tonight - and if its to make it 1-1 or 1-0. While Liverpool chase the game to win it Chelsea will score on the counter to make it 2 and eventually 3 and win comfortably.

Liverpool's only real hope is that Baros has his first decent game since Euro Championships and they get 2 goals in front of Chelsea. Imagine the season they could have had with Cisse!And becuase I think Carragher has been as good for Liverpool as Terry for Chelsea i think if they can get 2 in front they could hold on for 2-1.

I'm now off to betfair.com to lose lots of money on my prediction above!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

hang on its that away goal rules malarky aint it dont want chelsea to win so ill have to settle for 3-1 liverpool

[ QUOTE ]
hang on its that away goal rules malarky aint it dont want chelsea to win so ill have to settle for 3-1 liverpool

[/ QUOTE ]

away goals only count double if the match is drawn at full time.
there can only be extra time if it is 0-0 after 90 mins
there can only be penalties if its 0-0 after extra time
hth

BRILLIANT!!

What a game...no finger nails left here...
For a neutral (well, sort of...) it was a belter...

Well done Liverpool...I hope they can win it in Istanbul.

To all the Liverpool fans:
Enjoy it...you've given us some great entertainment over the last few months. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Just listening to Mourinho whinging...so sad. Not.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

yeah so near but so far shame mourinho cant lose with style " the best team lost tonight " yeah ok m8, but if your lot couldnt break down the defense moan at them not the fact that liver defended real well

Well done the scousers - at least chelsea won't win everything this year.

Shame Mourinho couldn't hide his disappointment better - not half as cool as he thought he was...

[ QUOTE ]
get in - Jamie C was excellent tonight !

[/ QUOTE ]

He was absolutely outstanding.
World class...by far the best man on the pitch.

As neutral I think Chelsea would have a better chance of winning the final though.

Come on the Reds!

Best team lost? maybe but Liverpool won on the night and that is it!

All teams get bad and good luck and tonight it was Liverpools turn for the good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Controversial goal ???? maybe but if no goal it should have been a Penalty and Chelski would have been a man light with no Goal keeper ??? swings and roundabouts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Lets hope the Reds can win the final /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/MexWave.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

[ QUOTE ]
As a liverpool fan im biased but reckon we can keep it tight and nick a goal so 1-0 my prediction.

[/ QUOTE ]

I should give up my day job /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
As a Man U fan...I oddly have a tending towards a Liverpool win...

Basically, those southern have won enough this year (undoubtedly deserved in the case of the league though) and I just can't bear the thought of that smug manager and the obnoxious look on his face...

Liverpool will have to play a blinder to win..but, it's at Anfield...home crowd...maybe the scene is set for a wonder goal from Captain Marvell?
How's the 89th minute sound...at the Kop end?

[/ QUOTE ]

Glen- You can just imagine Fergie watching the match and screaming with joy at Chelsea going out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]
As neutral I think Chelsea would have a better chance of winning the final though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Andy- dis-agree. AC milan will defend as well as we did yesterday and more than capable of scoring.

With Alonso back and Kewell (the first world class passer the second world class ability when he wants it to be) along with garcia`s consistency and caragher et al we have a very good chance.

If only we had a top class striker to play!!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
get in - Jamie C was excellent tonight !

[/ QUOTE ]

He was absolutely outstanding.
World class...by far the best man on the pitch.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to be honest and say i raised an eyebrow when Benitez claimed he was the best in the premiership many months ago, always realised he was good but only recently been blown away by him! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

41105261fanpa6sk.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Glen- You can just imagine Fergie watching the match and screaming with joy at Chelsea going out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh-heh...
He wouldn't have been alone!

I was in the Kop on Tuesday - what an atmosphere!!

I was singing at the top of my voice and couldn't hear myself!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
how jealous did michael owen look /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

he leaves liverpool to "win stuff" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif so he's at madrid where he sits on the bench as they
a) go out of champ league
b) lose to crappy teams at bottom of league
c) go out of copa del rey

still i don't think you could say that with owen they'd have done better or worse.
Just look at Everton without Rooney. And to a lesser extent Gravesen.

Great game last night too. Best team (most attacking team) lost but what a climax to the game.
Gonna miss it in the summer!

[ QUOTE ]
I was in the Kop on Tuesday - what an atmosphere!!

I was singing at the top of my voice and couldn't hear myself!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Great game last night too. Best team (most attacking team) lost

[/ QUOTE ]

Listened to 606 yesterday and apparently Milan played 7 games in 20 days /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif or summat similar so the result they had yesterday was fantastic- undoubtedly a great side and will be favourites.