Valentino Rossi

jungle

Reaction score
May I risk the wrath of the moderators, and recommend to the uninitiated a dose of Moto GP this weekend. Eurosport coverage is the best, but it will also be on Grandstand for terrestial viewers.

Rumour has it that F1 racing has become less monotonous recently, but anyone with a passing interest in motorsport would be well advised to try watching Mr Rossi. He seems to defy the laws of physics on an inferior Yamaha to beat a whole army of Honda riders. Imagine Schumacher driving a Jordan - and still beating everyone else in the field with a big grin on his face.

Obviously it takes a while for non bikers to understand exactly where a rider is out of shape, and to recognise the main protagonists, but I promise you the effort will not be wasted.

J /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

Yeah, Rossi amazing to watch, truly born with a talent. He's had a go in rally and a F1 car aswell and straight out of the blocks he was impressive. As I said born with natural talent.

BTW: TDI-Line you really need to change your avator, as it's doin my head in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

ive just got a dvd which has blown my mind........ "ghost rider".by DUKE...... its some guy on a bike doing all sorts of Crazy she'it....... stockholm, rush hour, 42 miles motorway circiut and he's averaging 172 mph !!!!!!! unbelievable...... weavingthriugh the tightest of gaps at 170 mph , on the hard shoulder..never seen anything quite like it....
baiting cops, 100mph +++ wheelies whilst being chased by rozzers... bunny hopping a bike ???

if your into bikes, youve gotta see it.

no really.
got to. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
BTW: TDI-Line you really need to change your avator, as it's doin my head in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Will do mate.

Is this ok...
fry_dance3_animate.gif

[ QUOTE ]
ive just got a dvd which has blown my mind........ "ghost rider".by DUKE

[/ QUOTE ]
He's been around doing crazy stuff in Stockholm for a few years. There's a rumour that he's a 'ringer and he's going to try to eat the lap record this year. I don't think he's gona see 2006! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Will do mate.

Is this ok...
fry_dance3_animate.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, thats a lot better /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Jungle, you are so right, moto GP racing is so far beyond F1 in terms of "watching interest", and it's mostly thanks to Valentino! He is not a man, he is a god. unfuck*ng believeable

One talented ***** /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif. But hes got every right to be

Certainly makes the Moto GPs nail biting stuff /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/10_1_114.gif

Balls of steel. Can you even imagine doing what he did today.

Has every right to be *****. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ive just got a dvd which has blown my mind........ "ghost rider".by DUKE

[/ QUOTE ]
He's been around doing crazy stuff in Stockholm for a few years. There's a rumour that he's a 'ringer and he's going to try to eat the lap record this year. I don't think he's gona see 2006! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

no.... he'll be soup in a suit pretty soon. What do you mean by "he's a ringer"???
TT SOON TT SOON TT SOON TT SOON TT SOON TT SOON TT SOON TT SOON
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/MexWave.gif

A 'ringer : Someone who partakes in hurling themselves around the Green Hell aka the Nordschleife at the Nurburgring.

[ QUOTE ]
A 'ringer : Someone who partakes in hurling themselves around the Green Hell aka the Nordschleife at the Nurburgring.

[/ QUOTE ]

Scotty you are bang on - he'll smash the record on his first lap, and end up in the forest on his second!

The record for a bike is so out of date, its just waiting for a really good rider and a clear track. Current records stands at 7.49 set years ago (15 years?) on an old 750cc RC30. In a recent BMW test, Marcus Barth did a 7.55 on a 300kg BMW tourer. If we could only persuade one of the TT boys to have a crack on one of their 1000cc 180bhp Gixers, I've no doubt they could bring it close to 7mins dead.

or perhaps

7mins.
Dead.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Coming from a 4-wheel-man, I have so much respect for Moto GP! Unbeleiveable, and find it amazing to watch! Their skill is phenominal.
But, F1 still has me hooked (yes, I know it's dull), the technology involved and the speed that the cars can corner.....
Overtaking in Moto GP is great due to the width of the track and the narrowness of the bikes, imagine F1 on a track 3 times as wide....

[ QUOTE ]
ive just got a dvd which has blown my mind........ "ghost rider".by DUKE...... its some guy on a bike doing all sorts of Crazy she'it....... stockholm, rush hour, 42 miles motorway circiut and he's averaging 172 mph !!!!!!! unbelievable...... weavingthriugh the tightest of gaps at 170 mph , on the hard shoulder..never seen anything quite like it....
baiting cops, 100mph +++ wheelies whilst being chased by rozzers... bunny hopping a bike ???

if your into bikes, youve gotta see it.

no really.
got to. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I found some of this guys videos on a site called www.uponone.com - there is a video of a guy maybe not the same breaking red lights around Athens hitting 120 / 130. He nearly runs into the back of a cop on a bike but just slows in time. Some excellent stuff on there. Look for City Madness in the video section.

Rossi is now the best Moto GP driver ever. Doohan could never have laced his boots. I drive a bike so I have followed Moto GP for many years. Its the only motorsport I really watch now as I find the F1 boring (until this season).

Moto GP IMHO is the best motorsport on the TV. I was lucky enough to see the man in action in Jerez last month! If you have not got your tickets for donnington, buy them now! worth it for the noise alone!!! but the ladies are nice too!!

jerez087Small.jpg

my pic of the last corner at jerez!! "get out the way sete!"

NIce shot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

except for the hand. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

I know, damn spaniards where getting excited for some reason!! and my auto focus focussed on that rather than the bikes!! I wanted to b1tch slap the fella!

[ QUOTE ]
I know, damn spaniards where getting excited for some reason!! and my auto focus focussed on that rather than the bikes!! I wanted to b1tch slap the fella!

[/ QUOTE ]

your auto focus is knackered then as the hands well out of focus /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

R80TER. If you send me the photo I could remove the hand and you would never notice. PM me if you want.

but he would still know it was there - I cant stand editing of photos like that- If you cant take a photo properly then dont take them (not saying that photo is bad and that he cant take photos of course). He may like the hand?

You see I know it was an action shot and that moment wont probably come again, but the hand is there and is part of the photo. It wont change his memory of the hand not being there so why bother.

Coullio .... come on ...tut,tut,tut.........
surely you " ride " your bike...
hate to be petty, but its a bike thang. sorry.

[ QUOTE ]
Moto GP IMHO is the best motorsport on the TV. I was lucky enough to see the man in action in Jerez last month! If you have not got your tickets for donnington, buy them now! worth it for the noise alone!!! but the ladies are nice too!!

my pic of the last corner at jerez!! "get out the way sete!"

[/ QUOTE ]

look no hands...

[ QUOTE ]
Coming from a 4-wheel-man, I have so much respect for Moto GP! Unbeleiveable, and find it amazing to watch! Their skill is phenominal.
But, F1 still has me hooked (yes, I know it's dull), the technology involved and the speed that the cars can corner.....
Overtaking in Moto GP is great due to the width of the track and the narrowness of the bikes, imagine F1 on a track 3 times as wide....

[/ QUOTE ]

aye, but there still is only one quickest line through a corner and off that it will be slippery /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Also, you can get closer riding as they bikes dont rely on such a level of downforce the F1 cars do. Just passed my bike test today too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Whats all that green haze on the sand now?

[/ QUOTE ]

meeeoooowwww!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Just a reminder - Rossi vs Honda is back on Sunday afternoon from Mugello.

Have a top weekend everyone. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

totaly depressed.... my brother and all my mates have just left for the TT... 32 bikes in a pack heading for the ferry..... im "banned" from road bikes now and as they've all gone on their bikes, i didnt fancy being the retired biker full of scars and metal being left moaning about the good ol' days before a golf wrote me off.
if they'd of went on foot, id of gone.....but hey........ them days are over.....
just miss it all so much,its a hard habbit to shake off........ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif

What is it about Golfs? I managed to hit one as it suddenly decided to do a U-Turn without any warning.