Do you get pulled over by the feds much?

dickys3

Staff member
Reaction score
When I had my previous cars (mainly VW Golfs/corrado's etc) I used to get pulled over by the police quite regularly! Since owning 2 S3's over 3 years (ish) I have never once been pulled!

Is this because golfs were easier to steel with them being older cars/older security?

Anyone on here get stopped regularly?

Just wondering...
Rich.

Another thought.... is it because the number of police on the roads have decreased with all these speed cameras?

Yep that will be partly the reason. I think i read that tickets issued by police were at 35000 p/a in 1997 and 6000 p/a in 2004. I've been stopped once in my life... for doing 40 in a...uh...40. the **** head was coming towards me and 'thought' i was speeding so turned around and stopped me. nob!

RIch

ive been pulled over a few times..

1 cos i undertook a cop car doing 60 on the outside lane!!!!

2 cos the guys thought i had nicked the car...

(their faces were a picture perfect moment when it came over on the radio as me owning the car) lol

3 cos i had no seat belt on.. (£30 fine) nice..

[ QUOTE ]
Yep that will be partly the reason. I think i read that tickets issued by police were at 35000 p/a in 1997 and 6000 p/a in 2004. I've been stopped once in my life... for doing 40 in a...uh...40. the **** head was coming towards me and 'thought' i was speeding so turned around and stopped me. nob!

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif What a w@nker! And yet, where I live is just near the main Hertfordshire constabulary next to the A1 (with all those big volvos and mercs), and they a constantly going over the 40 mph speed limit... even with their lights not flashing.

I used to live near Chichester as well, and without fail, every day at 1pm a police car would fly through the villiage, lights blazing away, after about 4 months, the guy was put up at a discplinery hearing because it turned out he was going home to lunch every day, and wanted to just get home faster!!!

Oh the power of having a blue light on top of your car!

In the golf I got pulled a fair bit, in my Audi I have been pulled over once and followed a couple of times. The one time he pulled me over was first time I took new gf out lol.. the ammount of things they asked me trying to catch me out.. is this your car.. Yes...You been drinking... No....You sure its your car... yes lol I do look quiet young but /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif me Im no criminal

I had no end of problems in my GTi, eventually resulting in a 12 month ban for totting up. I was once followed for 20 minutes on the M27 then pulled for having a dirty number plate!
Really good use of police time.
After getting my licence back in 99, I got my Audi, and went for 4 years without anything, unfortunatly in the last year I've managed to clock up 9 points. I think it just took a while for the feds to work out that I'd changed cars!

In my old pug 309GTI I was pulled over lots of times. They never ever looked at the TAX or the tyres etc. Just always gave me a 7day ticket. I once asked how come they never check over my car and they said it was because the car was always really clean so they knew that I looked after it. My cars are always registered in my mums name for insurance etc. so they always used to say so your mums a bit of a racer is she looking at the body-kit, exhaust etc.

Have only been pulled over twice in my Audi and I just say its my mums car and everything is cool. I have never been given a ticket in it though because they say if you can afford to drive an Audi you will be able to afford the insurance.

first time i got pulled over was scary! was going down a national speed limit road in a courtesy car astra sxi or summit. had only been driving for 3 days and car got searched and we might have done as well!?
Their justification was that it looked dodgy driving down a road at night next to warehouses, they thought i had robbed the place! they said i didn't know where i was going ... it was in runcorn and if anyones been there it has the maddest illogical road layout ever ever ever!

i got pulled over when i had my mondeo bout 3 years ago.
scared the life out of me as it was late at night and I was driving down a country lane which led to nowhere imparticular other than an airstrip where my mate had crashed a bit before (launched himself up an embankment as car understeered!). So this unmarked car had been following me for ages and was getting rather worried when this huge POLICE sign lit up, was a relief!

the best time was when i got pulled over for going round a roundabout twice!
they pulled me over, radioed through for my insurance details, but then said i could go.
using all of their law abiding abilities then then 180d it in the road and sped off through 2 red lights without their lights on!

The best though has to be reserved for my infamous friend (to the police!) sibbald! he was walking home when he was young and was 10 seconds from home, when a police car pulls him up. they ask him where he lives and so he pointed at his house. the police then literally drove straight into his close and woke his parents up to tell him he had been acting suspicously etc. What a waste of time!!

Been stopped twice once in my first car which was a clapped out jetta which used as much waste oil as petrol that was because it looked like it wasn't road legal but it was just!
The next time was a joke the police were at a round about outside perth ,i did not signal to come the round about (it was the middle of the night late)Then they followed me for about ten minutes around perth then stopped me for it

Funny story that i heard can remember if it was here was about a guy getting pulled over on the motorway at night and he falls out of the when trying to get out ,so the police have even got out of there car by this time he goes stumbling over to police motor and the officer asks him if he has been drinking he say of course im minging drunk so they take him in to the car and beathalize him and he killing himself laughing at all this and they are saying what serious matter this is and he could of killed someone and he is still laughing his head off at this so they see someone else is in the car and one of the officers go to have a look ,he comes back and sits in the car with the guy and goes mental at him as just wasted police time as the car he was in was left hand drive /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

i have been stopped twice for speeding in 14 years. both times justified although not dangerous in my opinion. 3 points and fines

but i have been stopped more than a few times becuase...erm i must drive suspiciously :-

a) d reg 1.1 fiesta festival (mums - 4 times in 1 year)
b) h reg 1.1 fiesta lx . (mums - 3 times in 6 months)
c) e reg 1.4 fiesta l (my first car 3 times in 1 years)
d) d reg 325i (6 times in 3 months!!)

everytime they would ask me the same questions.
a) is this your car
b) does you mum know you have it or with the beemer - are you sure this is your car. how can you afford this! it cost £3300. and they would always give the tyres etc a going over.
c) where are you going?
d) where have you been?
e) what is your number plate?

but you sadly get used to it from the our boys in blue.

in the beemer was the best - my mates would do a sweep on what time we'd get pulled at! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Got stopped a good few times in the scirrocs and beetles etc but when i started buying audis i have only been stopped once! and even then i had to drive past them 4 times to get stopped was feeling left out as mates all got stopped (driving RS's/XR's etc) when stopped the questions asked was ....."any drugs?" ,,,,,any "weapons" etc they never even checked just took my word for it !

oh yeh i forgot the rs turbo i had on the road 3 times and got pulled once!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif mental car, too mental for me, and a heart ruling head purchase which i managed to punt on to before it fell apart!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

and i wasnt speeding..it was my suspicious sticking to the speed limit driving style!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

mick - we'd better watch out sunday after all this talk!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Well at least i've got no chance of that, at the moment. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

ah you have one of those stealth q cars i have heard about /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

either that or you have a car hooked up with all the latest garage door openers and sat nav points of interest. etc /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

ah you inter-posted on me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif i was posting for cj...but better comedy value with your inter-post /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

This all takes the biscuit, has to be said, but the very best happened just yesterday outside where I work.

Looked out the front door to see a small black Renault (about 10 years old) with an guy in his early 20s pulled by 3 riot vans and one dog patrol van... armed police with body armour and big guns, they completely searched the car which took about 30 minutes, and then had to let him go after failing to find something.

Lord only knows what they were looking for! Can you imagine being that poor guy though, i think I would have kaked myself with being pulled over by so many armed police with MASSIVE dogs!

[ QUOTE ]
Never been pulled over!

[/ QUOTE ]

Werido ! only jokin cj,
u must contribute a lot to the "policemans ball" every year /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif
how can u never have been stopped by the police ?
where u born 25? did u never drive wrecks as a 18yr old ?
hope u never do get stopped even if u are above boards some coppers find faults!

guns ... it's like america's wildest police videos! that is scary though! it'll teach him for not signalling on a roundabout or some other bullsh!t they do him for!