SPEED cameras catching a record number yet rd deaths@ 7yr high!

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-1587166,00.html

Shows the focus is on the wrong areas /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif
If you don`t want to copy and paste link- TDI will be along shortly with corrected version /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

nsd /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif im sure mods will know

only thing is- mention not work safe!!!

Problem is that not everyone would feel the same- eg if I had that on my screen and certain people (ie prudish/lacking sense of humour and so on) at my place walked past- wouldn`t look good! Or even worse if had important visitors walking round!

Gotta be careful imo. Remember that office episode where David Brent does the stoned jokes? (after the Royal family joke) " I was not advocating the use of drugs!" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

back to the article as some one who has just been giving 3 points and i can confirm Glasgow is definitely being targetted, doing 60 (58 average) on a dual carriage way (which is by technicality at 50) at 1am with no residential properties nearby to be pulled by unmarked car(the only other car on that stretch at that moment) is very annoying when you can drive like an idiot during the day and get away with it. i.e race from speed camera to speed camera.

Best example is that is on this dual carriage way a82 is a school on one side. There is one speed camera just past the school. Guess which side of the dual carriage way its on - on a downhill stretch? Yup on the opposite side from the school. The kids cross the road by a foot bridge so does nothing for them. Tell me thats there for safety!! Why not put one right outside the school!

Very /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif stupid.

I am all for safe driving and not racing on the roads. But the police need to be given more meaningful targets like stopping thefts/crime/policing the streets rather than totting up x numbers of cars for being over a speed limit

Another example is i saw a porsche being pulled for doing 80 on a motorway where the flow of traffic was 80! Why pull this guy rather than the rest of the traffic? I had just pulled in to middle lane as i was leaving motorway in a mile so probably got lucky! But of all the cars equipped to do 80!!

I am sure there will be a report saying Glasgow police pulled x number of motorists for speeding offences in a 2 week blitz and it will be "look what we are doing to make the roads safer!" "Aren't we great" Not taking into account the manner in which people were pulled over, unmarked cars etc and which areas etc. Just a number which meant to mean they are doing their jobs.
I am sure if they made it so private companies could pull people for speeding we'd all be millionaires!!
Whereas the reason you maybe in your car because its not safe to fekking walk the streets!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rant over and relax! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

NSD, lovely pic, but wrong skin colour for me.

Black is best. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif

We had one of the vans outside the office today on the A1400, 100yds in front of a set of traffic lights, so practically everyone has to slow down for the lights anyway.

The van, although marked had it's back doors left open so you couldn't see the reflective markings, and has a YELLOW beacon on top, not a blue one and the camera was in front of it on a small tripod so you couldn't see it either - tell me thats about safety, cos if they wanted to slow people down they would blatently let eveyone know they are there, so people slow down. This was nothing other than a failed attempt to increase the coffers and crime ratings.

Stupid thing is there were 5, yes 5 coppers standing there chatting. What a complete and utter waste of MY taxes. Still, never mind about the woman who got stabbed in the neck for no apparent reason, lets just make money.

Makes me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif mad as a /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif. And to think I nearly joined the Met Police!!!!

They wouldn't let me join up because my parents were married. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]
We had one of the vans outside the office today on the A1400, 100yds in front of a set of traffic lights, so practically everyone has to slow down for the lights anyway.

The van, although marked had it's back doors left open so you couldn't see the reflective markings, and has a YELLOW beacon on top, not a blue one and the camera was in front of it on a small tripod so you couldn't see it either - tell me thats about safety, cos if they wanted to slow people down they would blatently let eveyone know they are there, so people slow down. This was nothing other than a failed attempt to increase the coffers and crime ratings.

Stupid thing is there were 5, yes 5 coppers standing there chatting. What a complete and utter waste of MY taxes. Still, never mind about the woman who got stabbed in the neck for no apparent reason, lets just make money.

Makes me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif mad as a /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif. And to think I nearly joined the Met Police!!!!

They wouldn't let me join up because my parents were married. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You should have taken a picture and sent it to the papers/police commisioner and asked is this the best way to use tax papers money !