railway sleepers...

RichA3Turbo

Reaction score
anyone know where you can buy them online and what the general dimensions are?

Rich

I dont no where you can get them online but I have a mate of a mate that can get some quite easily, he said something about a train yard or something similar that is about 50 miles long, he said it stretched from London to Brighton so pm me if your interested. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Jokes aside what are you making Rich? There is some interesting furniture you can make out of re-claimed wood...is that what your up to?

The most common length for a railway sleeper is 8' 6" or 2.6 metres.

The most common width for a railway sleeper is 10" or 250mm,with crossing timbers sometimes being 12"/30cm.

The most common depth of a railway sleeper is between 5" and 6". Generally British pine sleepers are 5" or 125mm thick and European sleepers are 6" or 150mm

Some wooden sides for the S3 - morris traveller stylee /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Yep...making myself a wooden bodykit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I want some to make some good solid as f*ck ramps that are wide enough to accomodate 225 tyres...all the ramps you can buy are 210 max which is no good.

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
http://www.railwaysleeper.com/

[/ QUOTE ]

Good god! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

He does have a use!

Hip hip horaay for NSD!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Dicky

Surely, instead of applauding NSD's reply, should you not move this post into another forum, as it has sod all to do with the A3/S3.

Dunno if it's just me, but more and more sh!t is being posted recently!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He does have a use!

Hip hip horaay for NSD!

[/ QUOTE ]
Dicky

Surely, instead of applauding NSD's reply, should you not move this post into another forum, as it has sod all to do with the A3/S3.

[/ QUOTE ]

Call it sh*t if you like but its actually something of use to me. Poste it here cos its most likely to get a response!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He does have a use!

Hip hip horaay for NSD!

[/ QUOTE ]
Dicky

[/ QUOTE ]

I was so shocked by the usefullness of NSD's post that I forgot! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

Moving now...

They are normally £18 each for unused ones and a bit cheaper for used.

[ QUOTE ]
The only /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif I see is comming outta someones .....

[/ QUOTE ]
NSD - you forgot to finish what you were going to type! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif

Thats a good idea Rich to use them to make some decent ramps.
At least you will know there solid and prob wont move when driving up them due to their weight!!

[ QUOTE ]
I know I Fell Alseep

[/ QUOTE ]

Arghhh thats why their called 'sleepers' lmfao!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Thats a good idea Rich to use them to make some decent ramps.
At least you will know there solid and prob wont move when driving up them due to their weight!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats the plan. Just need to find somewhere local to get a few. 10" tall ramps would be ample to get under the car... and i wouldnt be scared sh*tless of the thing falling on me. The places on the net all charge a fair bit for delivery.

Rich

Maybe find someone on ebay selling them who lives near to you Rich?

Aound £18-£25 each from these guys....

Kings Langley Building Supplies Ltd
Kings House, Balmoral Works
Imperial Way
Watford
HERTFORDSHIRE
ENGLAND
WD2 4XE
Tel: 01923 234336