Warning: Cops are out on the A82 Glasgow

IanL-RS3

Reaction score
guys i got done for speeding last night a 1am on the a82 (great western road) on the section that goes past the golf range. my fault for assuming that unmarked car doing the same speed as me wasnt a cop! anyway..on my way up to my golf lesson tonight saw an unmarked merc and another marked 5 series. both had pulled cars in the 30 section. further towards glasgow.

for those that dont know this road its really a dual carriage way but has varying speed limits from 20 up to 60 depending on section you are on - but its still not classified a dual carriage way.

they must be targetting speeding at the moment as i have used this road frequently for the past year and never once seen a traffic cop on it and i would have noticed them before if you know what i mean!

so guys keep your eyes peeled. i guess the east dumbartonshire budgets must be tight!

i might just have to go down the garage door opener, road angel, snooper route to even up the odds! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
is that out the west, kinda Hyndland, Anniesland way?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeh past anniesland up towards drumchapel - where world of golf is, is where i got caught.

but the two i saw today were caught before you get to the retail park.

[ QUOTE ]
What did you get caught at mate and what was the limit?

1am ***!

Kev.

[/ QUOTE ]

limit is 50. i was doing erm more than that!! bit lucky because other nights i have been doing even more.
strange thing is gf said i should wind windows down pump up stereo and cruise home as the weather was good!

morale - always listen to the female of the species /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

on a side note - my sister had some decorators in. repuatable firm in edinburgh supposedly. but one of the guys working for the owner nicked her credit card and 21st birthday watch and some other stuff from a locked drawer
she lives on her own - does she get victim support? no
can she get a copper out to her flat to dust for prints? no.
can she get a copper out to the jjb store that they used the card at yesterday? no.
can she get a copper to go and question the owner of the company who told my sister than the guy was a recovering heroine addict? no.
no an excuse for me speeding - but just a general rant!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Hi ian , sorry to hear u got caught mate , yip i think i might invest in a "garage door opener" even thou i live one up! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/book.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

cheers mick not the end of the world - although does make you feel like a right criminal and i've been driving like miss daisy. might have to resort to accelerating to speed limits as fast as possible /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Wonder if anyone has been done for accelerating too fast!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif that'll be next!
but the good news is that i am getting myself a house with a garage on july 8th. so will definitely look into getting a front and back (for when i reverse in) garage opener!! will let you know how i get on with that particular purchase! have started looking into options already. will have to check in with andymac when i get his stealthsub as he seems to be very keen on opening garage doors /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sorry to hear about your speeding ticket and sister Ian, that is just disgusting. Maybe some bad press is what the decorating company needs??

As for the police, well seems like they're having a purge on the strip of road, their coffers must be low, for now anyway. And they just seem not to be bothered unless in their eyes it is totally serious...?!?

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry to hear about your speeding ticket and sister Ian, that is just disgusting. Maybe some bad press is what the decorating company needs??

[/ QUOTE ]

she's scared to confront the guy incase their is any come back. hopefully the police will eventually do their job and the truth will out.

[ QUOTE ]

As for the police, well seems like they're having a purge on the strip of road, their coffers must be low, for now anyway. And they just seem not to be bothered unless in their eyes it is totally serious...?!?

[/ QUOTE ]

the instructor at the driving range said that he got his shed burgled by a neighbours kid recently and they did nothing.
Even more shocking was a mate works for a firm who had a tractor, trailer and excavator nicked a wee while back 60grand worth of very slow moving kit. lots of witnesses and reported to police and they didnt send out a car to intercept. so my mate and collegues went in search. they discovered it was being hidden in a farm owned by some dodgy people. nobody would come forward as official witness as they were too scared and the police stood by and let it happen!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soap.gif

I think I know the bit - they used to sit down a lane next to the church about there between the 40 down to 30 bit. I'd phone the company and get them sent out to all sorts of dodgy places for nonexistant quotes. Let them come back to the car and find it up on bricks.