24v impact wrench

jay1601

Reaction score
anyone on here uses a 24V impact wrench ?

just thinking for home use will make it quicker for getting wheel nuts and bolts off. saves buying little compressor, air lines and air wrench

if so what you using ?

used my mates cheaper Rolson battery impact wrench the other night, was pretty impressed.

i'm looking at the Sealey CP2450 which claims 550NM

Make sure you get a decent one. I got a cheapo thing from Woolworths that worked off the 12v system via ciggy lighter. Was absolutely useless.

I've got a 24v Cordless Impact Wrench.

This one.

Clarke CIR24 - 24V Cordless Impact Wrench - Machine Mart

Very hany for undoing bolts and suspension parts outside the house. Got to admit that it's still lacks a bit of oomph compared to a compressed air one, but it's effective. Battery life is ok, but the one I got came with 2 batts, so I've never ran out of power yet!

i know its not going to be as powerful as my air tools at work. think its next on my to buy list i think. savings messing about with ratchets all the time while working from home.

does it undo tight wheel bolts alright or does it struggle at times

I have a snap-on 18volt one that i use at work. Powerful enough to undo transit van wheel nuts.

^Thats the beast. Wasn't cheap though :sadlike:

Last edited by a moderator:
cordless would be better. don't need to ask people for a power connection when i'm away from home

i know its not going to be as powerful as my air tools at work. think its next on my to buy list i think. savings messing about with ratchets all the time while working from home.

does it undo tight wheel bolts alright or does it struggle at times

Yes it would struggle with tight bolts, I always use the cordless impact wrench to tighten the bolts, then torque them up afterwoods. When taking them back off, the impact off it sometimes can shake them off, but not always, so you will need a breaker bar handy to be honest. It still speeds the job up, as you just loosen them and use the wrench!