Spring GTi Festival Today

chimmo

Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Visited the spring GTi festival at Santa Pod today, was a good turnout of motors and people there.. One of the more interesting motors spotted hooning it up the strip was this

DSCN0077Large.jpg

Not sure if it's been posted before, but would suprise a few people if you attempted to blast this one at the lights

DSCN0075Large.jpg

DSCN0076Large.jpg

One of my favourite modifications (sarcasm off) to the motor was the hole in the front of the bonnet to accomodate the engine and enable it to shut. The guy was running low 13's IIRC for the quarter with slicks on the front.

Was a good day out, more pictures can be seen here clicky

Ben /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Crikes, that looks like alot of engine for a clio. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Cheers CJ, was a great day out... for any others that have been to Santa Pod before would know it always blows a gale there and the weather is usually cr@p for the spring Gti fest.. Today was different, still windy as hell but ended up burnt to a crisp!

Ah so rubber wasnt the only thing getting burnt out there! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif I'm sure it was well worth it mate!

kool are there any info of that clio TT conversion i'd like to know how they got in there got it to work and put power to ground /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif good combo the clio i so light

I didn't get a chance to speak to the guy who's Clio it is, but have had a search and come back with this ClioSport forum with a discussion about it.. here

And for those who can't be @r5ed to sift through the waffle, I'll quote the only bit I found of interest

[ QUOTE ]
Audi tt 225 ( BAM ) engine

KO4 turbocharger ( KKK )

DTA engine management system ( gives engine tuning capabilities up to 300hp )

Golf GTi 20V TURBO 6 speed box

Renault Espace 2.2 DCI Intercooler

Clio V6 radiator

This is the basic set up - there is lots more but i could go on forever.

The car is being kept as a "sleeper" like before - and yes NOS is on the cards as well !!

There will be a list available shortly on the components needed and how to do the conversion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ben