R/c cars

HPI savage flux!! It a real hand full!
I have two lol
Had a Baja 5b for a bit but didn't go much on it, but it did sound nice!!

Pat

i used to have a tamiya boomerang jo!
was really into it as a young wipper snapper! ballraced gearboxes modified motor the lot, but was very expensive while at school! lol!
now i have grown up i have progressed to a little derv as in my hyper 7 below >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
]
Image00492.jpg

its a bit of a beast! maybe could do with a new engine now though as i have thrashed the hell out of the original!
i have upgraded the clutch for a cnc"d jobbie and installed a larger vented pinnion gear plus heavy duty tyres and and long range battery!
loads more fun than battery power are nitro"s! you can run them all afternoon if you have the fuel!
no charging required!

ah ****** its a mine field choosing a starter car, thinking 1/10 but was going electric as its something I will either hammer one weekend or not use for 6 months.

iv got an old one, goes like the clappers, must get the batties changed in it and have a blast, not used it in over 2 years!

I've not used mine in 15! lol

I just remembered I have a 1/10 Tamiya Beams Integra DC5 kit unbuilt in my cupboard, got it maybe 4 years ago, but never got round to building it. Might just dig it out and build it with my son.

I had a tamiya monster beatle then the lunchbox. Fkn loved that thing. *eBay search vintage tamiya* ;)
Good person to ask any Q's about RC is speedy steve, that guy has loads of em and writes reviews for RC mag's

I think my boys have some old r/c cars in my loft, i will need to have a look, they had such fun with them when they were younger.

Happy days! Love the old R/Cs.

Had a Tamiya Hornet and then a Boomerang later on, but all standard spec.

At school we had an area where cars could park which had sporadic planted trees, and when this was empty we used this as the main track which then led to a pavement with three steps to jump, and then back up a road with sharp speed bumps. Lots of breakages But then that was part of the fun.

Happy days! Love the old R/Cs.

Had a Tamiya Hornet and then a Boomerang later on, but all standard spec.

At school we had an area where cars could park which had sporadic planted trees, and when this was empty we used this as the main track which then led to a pavement with three steps to jump, and then back up a road with sharp speed bumps. Lots of breakages But then that was part of the fun.

If my boys visit today, i will get them to go in the loft for a look. Iirc they have a buggie style one and a jeep they must be a least 15 years old if not more. I still have the rechargeable batteries and charger. We used to take them down the beach with them and have hours of fun.

Would love to live near a beach, grew up near one and now living on M4 corridor does me in. Bet it's a blast for these cars.