How gutted would you be?

dickys3

Staff member
Reaction score
rs4.jpg

Are audi wheels easy to get off then? i got the 18 inch tt wheels with the audi locking nuts are these easy (excuse the pun) nuts to crack?

strange they left the mirrors!!

where's the pic from?

i'll be back in a min - just gonna go check my car!!

i cant imagine how gutting that would feel. bad enough seeing my car mirrorless.

but so i dont have to i've just gone out an gotten some mcgard locking nuts. not too expensive to make it a bit more difficult for the /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif to nick.

[ QUOTE ]
Are audi wheels easy to get off then? i got the 18 inch tt wheels with the audi locking nuts are these easy (excuse the pun) nuts to crack?

[/ QUOTE ]

The standard lockers are easy to get off (not going to expose how on here).

Get them changed for some McGuards from halfords..

Job done.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Job done.

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that, if nothing else everybody should change the locking wheel nuts from stock ones to avoid this, stock ones are very simple unfortunately /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ].

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd say support your local shop /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif and you are more likely to get a better price too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Nothing against halfords!!

[ QUOTE ]

Job done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad I bought yours now Rich /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Is that pic local then?

whats the difference with the stock ones and "mcguards" ones also what am i expected to pay for a set of these?
cheers

McGuards will set you back about £30 from halfords.

You have pm regarding the stock ones.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LoL Audi have about 7 key patterns - you can easily get the correct keys and have a field day, take some advise and buy some McGuard locking wheel bolts - these have won numerous car tests and awards.

I have both the McGuard locking nuts (with the twisty/spinny head bolt) and the standard Audi locking nut on each wheel. (8 locking nuts in total to remove if they want my wheels!).

Anyone know if the mcguard Ultra are worth the extra money over normal ones?

F/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif IN W /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gifRS..........
2 sets of lockin nuts on mine tho /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

you can get the mcguard locking wheel nuts cheaper in the group buy on ts

DickyS3 thanks for advice ill take you up on that i think id be well gutted if that happened to me, must admit you dont see so many cars haveing there alloys nicked now but perhaps if the lazy ba---rds got a job they could buy the own set of wheels

never say die and any one else that replied to my query thanks for replies i will make haste tomorrow to halfords to get a set i think, eight locking wheel nuts lol, i bet kwick fit get pee,d off with you but must admit thats prob what i will do thanks to all for advice

Check on ebay, they're bound to be on there!!

[ QUOTE ]
Check on ebay, they're bound to be on there!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure I would be 100% happy about doing that though - especially as the seller will need your address to send them to. Wouldn't take too much for them to get a spare key and then 6 months later........

If they are only £30 new, why risk saving £5 - £10 on Ebay? Or am I being paranoid? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif

my mcgards were labelled £25 - not ultras. and i think i paid £20 with discount /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

go to your wee local guy and offer him £25 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

and i'd second/third the thing about buying off ebay - i wouldnt take the risk for the amount of money you'll save.

How about some quick grip in a tube from Jewsons, they won't get those /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif wheels off even if they do get the bolts off. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

Is everyone so sure that they are stolen? Maybe it's just another new optional extra money making thing from Audi. £1,000 for a full set of wheels! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif