Look what I saw today!

bioharry

Reaction score
bioharry-Image70.jpg

I can't wait for another increase to see what they do with the pence.

After I took a pic a guy in a Westfield filled up with £10 worth and got 10.01 litres. I know its simple maths but just seeing it like that i was just /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif

****** hell thats expensive its gotta be a private garage at those prices i would of driven on if people pay those prices then they will think its ok so a boycott is in order i reckon!

jojo
No u can see from the reflection in the glass that hes using a phone! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

its an old wives tale about mobiles at petrol pumps. i guess it was a precautinary measure when they first came out. but not one recorded incident where a mobile has caused an explosion / fire at the petrol station.

But i dont mind if they start charging a pound for a litre of optimax - as long as there's £1 a pint and 24hour drinking. Coz that's where i'll be drowning my sorrows!!

Again sorry being political - but heard tony today saying that they were responsible for low interest rates! Load of rubbish. the climate of fear around the world has stifled investment in the US and UK due to uncertaintly, so to encourage the economies the interest rates are lowered. Plus its the bank of england who set interest rates in the uk independent of political party! my job as a bond trader in london taught me this simple lesson and as i was a trader on sept 11 take a look at the interest rates either side of sept 11 and you'll see what i mean!

but the flip side of this nice climate of fear/low interest rate economy is rising oil prices around the world which pushes up the price of everything else as plastics and transport costs rise so we end up paying more for less - especially in britain as we have to import so much!

but they then use cpi rather than rpi (removing anything which has increased in value too much!!) to measure inflation to show us that our economy/prices are very stable .

We are heading for bust by 2010. Save your pennies if blair gets in - he'll put 1million more people in to houses in the coming few years - which will push the house prices up or keep them as they are and then bang interest rates rise by a basis point and there will be plenty of cheap properties on the market /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif thats my get rich and RS6 scheme /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

sorry what were we talking about again!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Might aswell make it a pound now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

Woah!! £2.99 for a tool kit is a bargain!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

And 42 pieces inlcuded, all probably one use applications. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

oii easy, the tools from there are top notch!

Its the Q8 garage outside my work on the A10. Cambridge prices hu! i just payed 94p/l for optimax so thats not that far off!

Yeah its getting crazy now, as a driver im fcuking fed up being penalised and subsidising other areas of the public sector which the government cant raise money elsewhere from. Just cause we drive dont mean we should fcuking pay for everything. Takes the p!ss that only 6 billion is put back into the roads and transport and 30 billion goes elsewhere! Tax the ****** millionaires, celebrities, footballers and leave the working class to have something left for themselves!

[ QUOTE ]
Didn't you get a warning for using your mobile phone near a petrol pump?, or did you just happen to have a digicam in hand??

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a good boy and don't use my phone in the petrol station, but once I got caught out buy the BP God and was told via Tannoy to stop using it (was quite funny actually as at first I didn't hear her, but everyone else did and started looking at me as if to think I was an ignorant fecka. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif)

Anyway I think it's a bit unfair to say we can't use our phones in the petrol station when some of the big towers advertising their rip off rates of petrol have mobile telecommunication masts within them and which the petrol station(s) get paid a sum for usage...or so I'm told /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

strange how nobody actually campaigns with a pro-driving policy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif i'm sure it would be big vote winner!!

them cheap 2.99 items they sell with fuel ??? what the feck ??? my garage id doing electric salt and pepper grinders ????? what the frigg ??
just fancy popping down the garage for some petrol and kitchen ware ???

last time it was clocks, then cups, then garden tools ??? whats next ? can openers???

any one else get fobbed with shoit at there garage ??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

My petrol station has free sand on display in red buckets with "sand" stenciled in black, but every time I take some and put it in my wheel barrow and load it in the car they start getting abusive at me!

****** petrol stations!

You playing with your bucket and spade again mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

I thought it was for a liiter tray for his
catmilk.gif
. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

bring on the strikes!!!! big boycotts!! its gotta happen b4 the election!!

[ QUOTE ]
Got home from work today and the wife immediately demanded that I take her somewhere expensive, so I took her to a petrol station.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Brilliant mate very funny /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

Ian, there has been several incidents where mobile phones have ignited on forecourts, we got the press cuttings sent round all the esso sites years ago when I worked at one. It had happened down south at Shell sites. Its not the phone as such, just more an electrical device that can spark (your supposed to switch off your car stereo too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif) In reality the chances of the battery contacts or the button creating a spark are very remote but if you remove that chance it will never happen - like filler necks on the new mini /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Sorry khufu - i stand corrected.

i took my "knowledge" from brainiac science abuse program with Hammond off Top Gear. Maybe i should just stick to enjoying the bit with JohnTickle and his erm rather tasty lady friend /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
They said that more electrical charge was given off by shell suits and that there was no evidence to suggest mobile phones cause problems. Or was that another program talking about using mobile phones in planes!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Its friday and i'm even more confused than usual. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

LOL, its an amusing program, i want to put soap in my microwave!!! I saw that one too, good old static /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/MexWave.gif