Free loft/wall insulation...

Ads

ASN Veteran
Reaction score
Website
www.aythreee.com
British gas are also running the offer, but you must have dual fuel bills with them to qualify.

Had mine done last year, it wasn't free though, but I had a contribution towards it. Makes a huge difference in the winter, and my energy usage has dropped according to my bills. But the increase in energy prices has cancelled out any financial savings!

Joe, thats just the way things are these days, you save one way, and get stuffed somewhere else, lol.

And they could go up by upto 20% again next year so we all need to buy Scott's romper suit to keep warm next year

And they could go up by upto 20% again next year so we all need to buy Scott's romper suit to keep warm next year

Now there is a good idea Warren. Scott is a trendsetter to add to his other talents.

Hell yeah.
I'm sat in mine at the moment with the back door open.
Fresh air, dogs come and go as they please, heating off (Saving money), Naked underneth so no extra washing (saving more money) and I'm still warm.

Score!!

We did have a guy knock on the door couple of days ago talking about this.
I told him to talk to the land lady, not our house.

... to add to his other talents.

What, like freaky bendy thumbs? That's not a talent!!!

We had a similar scheme in our last house, a token amount for loft insulation. It made a huge difference. But, the ******* who fit it never left enough clearance around our bathroom down lighters and they got so hot that the glass in one exploded while I was showering :( but apart from that it was all good.

Had mine done last month, caverty wall, now waiting for additional lagging to go in loft after crimbo. If it's free I'll have it as BG rape me every month to a tune of £113 just for gas, and £52 for lecci. fkn swines.

Oh great!!! Cheers for that visual Scott ;)

Had mine done last month, caverty wall, now waiting for additional lagging to go in loft after crimbo. If it's free I'll have it as BG rape me every month to a tune of £113 just for gas, and £52 for lecci. fkn swines.

Oh great!!! Cheers for that visual Scott ;)

Ever thought about swapping suppliers?
We swapped recently and seem to be making a nice little savings.

Any time Damo. :D

One word of warning about these free/subsidised offers. Just make sure they put a fibrous insulation panel or roll in your loft and not polystyrene balls like they use in the cavity.

A friends parents had their loft done for free which involved them blowing polystyrene beads into the loft which end up going everywhere and means that the loft is out of bounds for storing stuff. Cowboy contractors can be tempted to do it as it is quicker & hence cheaper to do than do it properly with the fibre stuff.

British Gas are doing my walls in January for free
Im paying for a new vent though £52 fitted
I dont have leccy with them .

Scott I'v changed to a few over the years and have learnt my lesson. Due fule with BG aint costing me more than anywhere else, plus they given me a capped rate on gas. Also got a rebate not so long back for summer which was nice. For some reason all the houses on our block rinse gas. Can deffo feel the difference now caverty Walls have been done so hopefully will drop next year.

Haha they got me On that on too lingy, said it was down to having two fires and a hole between rooms. I think it's due to the fires being more that 12kw output combined. Wouldn't mind but the fires are never on as the gas is to damn pricey ***.

Pants down, bent over, that'll do nicely sir:asskicking: