Tuning meter

looks like the one my mate has in his ibiza cupra.
tried it in mine and got 10.01 seconds! was happy!
yeah it's accurate (i think) and easy to use. no pressing stat as you go as it knows when you accelerate. tells you your 1/4 mile time too.
sadly doesn't tell ya there's a cop behind ya especially with the red led display, so check!!!

[ QUOTE ]
looks like the one my mate has in his ibiza cupra.
tried it in mine and got 10.01 seconds! was happy!
yeah it's accurate (i think) and easy to use. no pressing stat as you go as it knows when you accelerate. tells you your 1/4 mile time too.
sadly doesn't tell ya there's a cop behind ya especially with the red led display, so check!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
does it measure the horses ?

thats a good toy, i just bought one 2 weeks ago am happy

tried it on my dads jag got 4.74 secs 0-60 book value is 4.7 secs

1/4 mile was 12.78 secs at 121 mph no book value to compare on that

my mums citroen gave 0.6G force and 0-60 in 6.6 secs on optimax, book value 6.9 secs on that which is about right, still need to try it on the audi yet

this unit works out bhp if you input the weight of your car, again not tried it, but its fun to pass around mates cars for quater miles

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
thats a good toy, i just bought one 2 weeks ago am happy

tried it on my dads jag got 4.74 secs 0-60 book value is 4.7 secs

1/4 mile was 12.78 secs at 121 mph no book value to compare on that

my mums citroen gave 0.6G force and 0-60 in 6.6 secs on optimax, book value 6.9 secs on that which is about right, still need to try it on the audi yet

this unit works out bhp if you input the weight of your car, again not tried it, but its fun to pass around mates cars for quater miles

[/ QUOTE ]
cool, be interesting to find out how accurate the bhp figure is /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to know the exact weight of the car with driver, passengers and fuel to get an approximate figure, it's pretty fun doing the 0-60 sprints and 1/4 miles, will try one out in my S3 next week. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
have you already got a bhp to compare it with ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have rolling road figures for my car, then I have to take into account my heavier 19 wheels and me plus one passeger for the weight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
My mate has tested it in his car and it was within 0.2secs of his 0-60 and 1/4 mile times he acheived down a strip, and his BHP figures was about 10BHP out from his rolling road figures, so not bad for a toy.

Ok, managed to borrow it of my mate for a bit of a play, managed 0-60 in 6.73secs and 6.22 secs with the two attempts I tried in the wet and 1/4 miles in 15.04 secs with terminal speed of 101 mph with a bogged down launch. Didn't attempt a bhp test, as I havnt an clue what the approx. weight of my car in lb's is - fun none the less. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif