What a weekend....

Reaction score
It was my birthday on Saturday (bonfire night). Last week my wife, youngest and I went into town to do some shopping. My wife had an operation 6 weeks ago, so she is unable to walk very far. As a consequence, rather than parking in our usual place, I parked outside Loch Fyne first so that she could pop in and buy some vouchers. While I was waiting in the car, a woman drove into the side of my car whilst trying avoid another, forced to brake hard because of her action.

My car went into the garage on Thursday, but Audi had ordered the wrong part so told me to keep the courtesy car until Monday. I took my youngest swimming this Saturday morning, my birthday. While walking back to the car, I couldn't help but notice there was quite a big dent in the rear passenger door. It appears some f@~#er had turned in or out of the next child space and hit the courtesy car.

All of this paled into insignificance later that afternoon when my brother-in-law phoned to give us devastating news that their baby 38 weeks in had passed away earlier and was delivered later. The emotions in our house were all over the place what with my birthday and the death of our new niece.

I feel shattered after everything that has been going on and the round trip to Bristol today to see them. As you can imagine, they look destroyed, but at least our little niece looked peaceful.

Lets hope things get better this week.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear the bad news mate, its not been a good weekend for you hey?

Hopefully things will get better and you can be at ease knowing that your niece was so peaceful.

Thought are with you and the family mate.

Thanks guys. My wife and I have just sat down and had a glass of wine and a KFC; our first meal of the day. We left the house at 7:30 to get to Bristol for 9. Don't think I'm going to last much longer tonight, especially after having very little sleep last night.

That's aweful mate. So sorry to hear that. It just brings to light that metal can be repaired...

Deepest sympathy mate :(

Thoughts are with you mate, I think you've had your share so fingers crossed for some good luck for you. Very sorry for your loss, only consolation is dents polish out.

Really sorry to read this hope things will get much better soon.

RIP to your little niece.

Sometimes things all happen at once every so often, its hard, but stay positive in the longrun.

Thanks guys...yesterday was a little more bearable after having a pretty good night sleep, but then I had to fork out the £250 excess on the courtesy car, which just made me depressed again.

I have gone beyond crying to laughter now. My wife picked up my eldest son from school tonight and I am not sh!ting anyone here, as she drove round the corner she clashed mirrors with someone! Te unit is smashed to smithereen, including the new indicator strip which was fitted on Monday...I am struggling not to write a chain of swear words.

ahh man i feel for you! Sounds like the some of the luck ive had in the past. My condolences for your niece mate.

Ouch, there seems an inevitability in life that bad things seem to come all at once.

Problem is, the more pressure you get exposed to the harder it becomes, and the more stretched you feel. I appreciate you've had to pay out a lot recently with all the car related stuff, but if you can I strongly suggest you try and book a day out for the family to put a break point amongst this bad luck run. It might give you all a chance to de-focus on the bad, take a deep breath, and let some of the tensions pass away before things move forward again.

Try and time box any other activities ahead of the day which are going to be painful or angsty, and hopefully use this 'family day' as the catalyst to move forward.

Sorry to hear about your ongoing troubles, I've been there a few years back and it's easy to feel buried.

Last edited:
Agree with Warren here mate, there are some good deals to be had of late on Groupon and Voucher cloud etc....if its possible, book a day away, just take your mind off things, even if its for a few hours, it will make a huge difference and hopefully make you feel a bit better.

That's bad news mate! I wish I hadn't read it though, my wife is due in 7 days and now you got me nervous!

Ouch, there seems an inevitability in life that bad things seem to come all at once.

Problem is, the more pressure you get exposed to the harder it becomes, and the more stretched you feel. I appreciate you've had to pay out a lot recently with all the car related stuff, but if you can I strongly suggest you try and book a day out for the family to put a break point amongst this bad luck run. It might give you all a chance to de-focus on the bad, take a deep breath, and let some of the tensions pass away before things move forward again.

Try and time box any other activities ahead of the day which are going to be painful or angsty, and hopefully use this 'family day' as the catalyst to move forward.

Sorry to hear about your ongoing troubles, I've been there a few years back and it's easy to feel buried.

I need something, I just can't seem to snap out of this foul mood and it's not helping the wife and kids. Maybe we should go banger racing; the cars got a few dents now anyway, so what the heck...No, I am thinking about booking a weekend away, just need to know when the funeral is going to take place.

That's bad news mate! I wish I hadn't read it though, my wife is due in 7 days and now you got me nervous!

Everything will be fine. I don't have statistics, but I am sure the likelyhood of this occuring must be very very low.

The hospital was amazing; they kept all new babies behind closed doors while we were there, so the family could walk freely around the hospital without having to see the new bundles of joy.