Insurance rise record?

red or dead

Reaction score
My insurance is due this month so early in October (October 5th to be precise) I went on all the compare websites and got quotes, £780, rubbish quotes I thought seeing as last year I paid £750!

So it is now November 3rd and the cheapest quote I can get is £1150!

I've even rung around the big companies that are not on compare websites and they are no better!
This has got to be some kind of insurance rise record right? Over 50% rise in less than a month, scandolous!

Did you not save the old quote of £780? It's usually valid for a month at least, check your emails.

No they've all expired now, I would have bought it last month if I knew it was going to go up but obviously didn't, I'm going to give them a ring and see what the reason is but don't expect to get anywhere as all of the companies have gone up not just Swiftcover who I'm currently with which are still the cheapest.

That's unlucky mate, the price hike between a month is ridiculous, but I've been reasonably fortunate with my quotes shopping around.

That's unlucky mate, the price hike between a month is ridiculous, but I've been reasonably fortunate with my quotes shopping around.

I've been shopping around all day and having no luck, the rise is an absolute joke, 1 years more NCD, experience and car worth less and this is how they re-pay me,

Car insurance used to go down every year, now I'm paying what I used to when I was a teenager!

I put my friends postcode in who lives in Devon and that would only cost me £300ish, don't know where they get there figures from!

I'm dreading what will happen to my multi-car as it hasn't gone up much at all in the past 3 years but my kit car one did jump by about 25% this year.

Oh, and in answer to the postcode questions - this is helpful:
Post Code ratings for Car Insurance

Yeah, mines F rated but it was last year too, so that doesn't explain the 50% rise!

I've done a few multicar quotes as the wife is wanting a car but they are even more ridiculous.

To be honest I'm glad I've had a 2 year ban (it was over 5 years ago therefore do not need to declare it now) as I got used to paying high insurance, so it's not that much of a shock.

Well, despite a non fault claim this year my renewal with Aviva was lower than last year. I rang them to make sure it was correct and they apologised that the non fault claim is showing as a fault claim as its still being dealt with, and that it may have been cheaper if it wasn't for that.