Quattro on a ski slope

[ QUOTE ]
Yep, done to death. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Vote for the following titles for me after this post by using the numeric keypad:

1) for pot scrubber boy
2) for vending machine repairman
3) retired lavatory attendant
4) consultant

Calls charged at standard rate, text charged at £.50, all proceeds goes to A-S.not

ONE (1) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Vote for the following titles for me after this post by using the numeric keypad:

1) for pot scrubber boy
2) for vending machine repairman
3) retired lavatory attendant
4) consultant

Calls charged at standard rate, text charged at £.50, all proceeds goes to A-S.not

The Pot Scrubber boy it has to be(Crazy KP)

Here's something to make you smile. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
If you are lucky enough and RICH enough /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif to have an RS6 and then you still have some change /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif and you decide that you want to go skiing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif
You are in for a shock /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif. The size of the wheels 19" and the fact that the tyres are VERY LOW PROFILE 245 x 40 you will have MASSIVE PROBLEMS. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif
1st It is nearly impossible to get Snow Chains for that size!!
2nd If you can get them you MUST have a Minimum of 10mm clearance between the upright (strut) and the tyre!!

So what can you do.............you buy new wheels 7.5j x 18 H2 E20 670 AND new tyres 225 x 45 x R18 95V

Oh that little lot would easily ruin the "apres ski" !! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Oh and by the way this is no exageratiion there are several Quattro models that it would be hard to get Snow Chains for, as several areas in the alps require you by law to have snow chains.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Thing is though, on the Continent in places where it snows quite bad its not uncommon to have a set of nasty big *** winter tyres, the first winter I was over here it took me a while to figure out why so many nice cars were driving round with ghetto wheels.....

Guess that doesnt help though if your on your hols with your nice 19" alloys....