Threats of Vandalism

Dazmo

Reaction score
I came home from work this morning (6am) to find a can of cellulose thinners sitting on top of my car.

Fortunately the can was still sealed but had the lid removed.

Now this is clearly a warning and i am fuming so much i could actually kill somebody.

I have a hunch who it may be and am now considering CCTV on my property.

Should i give the police a ring too and report it just to be sure?

Unfortunately even with CCTV evidence or even being caught red-handed pouring the thinners would result in a minimal punishment and you out of pocket. On that basis it may well be better to sort them out yourself.

The police will do nothing, but I guess they'll be a record of it.

Unfortunately even with CCTV evidence or even being caught red-handed pouring the thinners would result in a minimal punishment and you out of pocket. On that basis it may well be better to sort them out yourself.

The police will do nothing, but I guess they'll be a record of it.

True, if i can see who it is then i will be returning the favour.

if you know who it is then deal with it
as above they wouldnt get much in the courts
also you have to be very careful with cctv and courts

if you know who it is then deal with it
as above they wouldnt get much in the courts
also you have to be very careful with cctv and courts

I suspect, i don't know.

I have the police coming round later for a chat., whether they do anything or not it's been recorded.

I will then have CCTV fitted, and keep an eye on the ***** i think it is.

round up the fellas mate and go round there! If i didn't live so far away I'd be well up for it! but in all seriousness you've done the right thing, I suppose its the only thing that can be done, shy of catching him in the act and making sure he eats his meals through a straw for a month! good luck tho fella lets hope it doesnt come to that.

round up the fellas mate and go round there! If i didn't live so far away I'd be well up for it! but in all seriousness you've done the right thing, I suppose its the only thing that can be done, shy of catching him in the act and making sure he eats his meals through a straw for a month! good luck tho fella lets hope it doesnt come to that.

I would love to mate, but i would only face the same thing back.

I'm going to do everything i can to avoid and nasty stuff, if all this fails then so be it, but i will follow the law as far as i can.

The last thing i need is a criminal record!

What I want to know is, what have you done and who to? :)

That's the thing i have done nothing.

There's a guy who lives opposite me, but his house faces onto another street, he parks his van by the side of his house/on our street in front of my drive, and makes it difficult to get in and out.

I confronted the guy last year and asked him to park his van further back so i can get in and out my drive, he has so far complied.

But...it would seem someone else is getting ****** off with this guy and i think they have damaged his van, and as i confronted him i think he assumes its me.

He stares at me all the time and i just stare back.

I cannot be sure, but this is the most plausible idea.

prob not him
he may stare cos he likes you ?

Personally I would be sleeping in the car with a bat and a knife.

I kicked a child in the face at full on race pace because he was stealing my dust-caps. True story, I was on the phone to Prawn at the time.

A punch or 2 maybe, but a knife, please dont suggest silly things, dazmo afaik isnt one to like slatted metal bars for 20 years!!!

Your definition of a child being what age?

Dazmo, my advice is to go talk to the guy, with the can in hand, say I dont know if this was you, but if it was, then I can assure you since I asked you to move your vehicle I havnt said/done anything since, as you have kindly done as such, see what he says, if he says it wasnt him, then say fair enough, thanks anyway.

Could be an easy way forward & make him realise you're not the enemy.

A punch or 2 maybe, but a knife, please dont suggest silly things, dazmo afaik isnt one to like slatted metal bars for 20 years!!!

Your definition of a child being what age?

Kid was about 14/15.

How is it a silly suggestion? If somebody tried to scare me with a tin of thinners on my car then came back for more who knows what they'd be willing to do if you confront them. Never suggested he remove their spleen with it or anything.

If anybody ****ed with my ford pop I would simply do everything within my power to make sure they had a life reminiscent of a vegetable, no questions asked.

Last edited:
I came home from work this morning (6am) to find a can of cellulose thinners sitting on top of my car.

Fortunately the can was still sealed but had the lid removed.

It sounds like some sort of Godfather-esque threat. Post a fish through his letterbox addressed to Luca Brasi. Or buy him a horse...

Reactions: Ash187 and afcbjoshd
Kid was about 14/15.

How is it a silly suggestion? If somebody tried to scare me with a tin of thinners on my car then came back for more who knows what they'd be willing to do if you confront them. Never suggested he remove their spleen with it or anything.

If anybody ****ed with my ford pop I would simply do everything within my power to make sure they had a life reminiscent of a vegetable, no questions asked.

With all due respect, how many times have you heard of a harmless action of carrying a knife to scare people of, which then turned into someone suffering extreme wounds or even murder when someone lost there temper, cool etc, even if they're the most docile person on the planet, for a split second of madness, is it worth a lifetime of regret.

How would you feel if someone died through a moment of madness by yourself, then you leave possibly a wife, kids, brother, sister, parents etc looking at you through a glass window for potentially the rest of your life, oh but of course you got your one over the hubcap thief, so worthwhile wasnt it, sorry for being so sarcastic, but I of course understand the frustration of vandalism, having been targeted myself innocently by complete cretins, but do you really think you would gain so much by carrying a weapon like this, sometimes all it takes is that split second prethought & it could effectively change your whole life.

Dont get me wrong, if it was my family/child then I would use all my powers to protect them, but to take a knife to someone, a kid maybe of 15 over your car is pure lunacy, this is coming from someone who had an S3 & S4 on drive at one point (when I could afford it, those days are very much over) & both were vandalised, yes I was extremely peed of, but does it warrant that kind of action, in my head not a a blooooody chance cause cars can be fixed, but we only have 1 life realistically, why ruin yours/everyone around you, just to say I won that round.

Reactions: supanova
Wow, massive post. Hats off for that one!

Not even going to entertain a conversation about something I and I'm pretty sure everybody else would never take seriously, of cause I wasn't seriously suggesting he knife the guy for leaving a tin of thinners on his motor. It was a small throw away suggestion for what my immediate reaction would be to anybody touching my motor.

However, I didn't and wouldn't have any issues giving somebody a beating over something like that. When I was young if I touched something that wasn't mine I knew about it, and guess what I don't do now?! You can see where this is going, an argument I'm sure we've all had before about the state of affairs today.