so reactions to the new look GP?

• Thread starter imported_CurryMilkShake
  • Start date
I

imported_CurryMilkShake

Aussi GP /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

I'll try not to spoil it for those who didnt get up at 2am..!!!

I think in principle the new rule changes will be good for the spectacle - the impact of the qualifying changes definately mixed up the grid far more than it would have done, making for much more overtaking and a more interesting race overall..

They seemed to be struggling less with the 1 set of tyres than predicted.. the lack of 'marbles' from the harder compound also helps with overtaking, but Ross Brawn seemed to feel that more needs to be cut from the aero package to actually make a difference..

Jacques Villeneuves impression of a rolling roadblock simply confirmed that (IMHO) he remains as much a waste of space, oxygen and an F1 drive as he has for many years now.. Please, give that drive to a talented youngster and send JV out into London delivering car parts in a Transit...
its interesting to see the changes at BAR now that they are no longer having to pay JVs astronomical wages (2nd only to Mr Schu)..

Speaking of Mr Schu.. I've been a fan for a long time, and am usually happy to defend what I consider to be the best driver, but WTF was he doing today?? Cant defend that at all, well out of order, the F1 equivalent of pram, toys, and spoilt 2yr old.. hmmmm... so apologies to Nick Heidfeld, you didnt deserve what happened there..

Some good drives though.. David C (I am not normally a big fan) superb drive nothing to criticise, well done the man.. Alonso Rubens and Fisi likewise, I think Fisi was v.lucky in qualy 1, but he certainly made the most of it, and why not!

Paul Stoddart - again, WTF.. hes been really good for the sport and a top campaigner for the cost cutting changes.. voted for them too.. but then to grizzle about it like he did, and give in at the last moment anyway.. not really sure what he achieved other than press exposure.. (hmmmm...!)

Overall - I found it the aussie GP interesting rather than exciting, but on balance - I think the season should be more entertaining thanks to the new rules..

Rant over.. Bring it on chaps! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soap.gif