Anyone tried....

DavidR

Reaction score
Website
audi-sport.net
Faustino, tinto gran reserva 1995?

A very very fine rioja available from Tescos (you'll spot it at the expensive end of the red wine in a frosted bottle with silver thread on it)

If you haven't then do - it's sublime.

Any other recommendations?

marlborough sauvignon blancs...i spent 3 months i NZ 2 years ago and some of the wines they have are aweome!

bacardi and coke, with a nice fat spliff.......

(just jokin bout the spliff /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif ) Whilst i'm here, can i just ask why my name is in yellow? just out of interest, not like i mind or anything

[ QUOTE ]

A very very fine rioja available from Tescos (you'll spot it at the expensive end of the red wine in a frosted bottle with silver thread on it)

If you haven't then do - it's sublime.

Any other recommendations?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've tried it and yes, it is exquisite. A little more prosaic, but a Banrock Station Chardonnay is also pretty darned good when the mood or the meal requires.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust you!

Your name is not yellow, it is GOLD - to reflect your bling status - I though you'd appreciate it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Now then, we are moving away from red wine which is, of course, far superior to white....

the Meerlust Rubicon from the Stellenbosch region is also very fine...

also concho y toro merlot from chile for the red wine fan.

not tasted better sub £50 quid

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust you!

Your name is not yellow, it is GOLD - to reflect your bling status - I though you'd appreciate it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhhh! Now it makes sense. Well yes i do actually like it very much, thank you.......
Anyway i'm gonna leave now and not post on this thread again becuase i have no interest in wine and don't even like it so i don't want to ruin this thread by making completly non-relevant posts. Bye!

[ QUOTE ]
(just jokin bout the spliff /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif ) Whilst i'm here, can i just ask why my name is in yellow? just out of interest, not like i mind or anything

[/ QUOTE ]

You're on a yellow card mate, and a red would result in a ban lol. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Back to the topic, I prefer beer to wine, so think I'll give the recommended a miss /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You doing well on the new GMS contract then?

Seriously though despite the other half been Spanish and the family been Italian always prefered new world wines esp Oz and USA. Wolf Blass Cab sav been a firm favourite at the moment.

However I must admit the old Rioja are creeping up as I get plied with them every time where over there.

German wine, preferably a nice Riesling from the Mosel or Saar region.....

(actually, Herforder Pils CHUG CHUG CHUG!!!)

All good wine apart from the Riesling but thats my taste

Ones that i would recommend would be
Chateau La Bonnelle,Grand Cru St Emilion (Excellent Red wine)
Regolo Sartori (Red Wine excellent again) Red Berries and Strong Aroma

For white wine i would drink Macon Village 'Cuvee Henri Boulay Lugny lovely crisp flavour

You can tell i work in Restaurant cant you??

David,
Excellent choice, the Meerlust is my wine of choice, but for the £15 a bottle price. I've found the Paarl Heights Shiraz is a superb compromise at £5 a bottle.
PS, The 1997 Rubicon is the best I've tasted, it needs 7 years to fully mature.

I must be the unsafisticated type as I never been able to get away with wine.

I'm afraid my favourite tipple has to be Stella Artois.

If I'm pushing the boat out, it has to be 'Blue Nun'.........(can you still get that?)

Anything else is just snobbery!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I agree with r88per, Stella all day long until its time to go to Jack and cokes!

Have tried a few wines, but am normally with more knowledgable people. Have read the thread and will keep my eyes pealed for some. That is of they will fit in the trolley with the crates of stella!

David R... if you like white vino at all (?), then may I recommend Three Choirs 'Midsummer Hill', its an English wine, and is difficult to beat... plus no nasty hangovers after one glass too many!