Browser woes

AlexStanley

Reaction score
Website
www.alexstanley.co.uk
Hiya all,

In the absence of a support board I thought I'd post here...

I'm just experimenting with Opera 7.1 after reading good things about it on The Register (www.theregister.co.uk) - all other sites work OK, but it seems that a-s.net has a few problems...

Firstly the drop-down menus at the top of the screen don't work at all, so as a user I'm stranded and have to play 'guess the URL' to get to the boards.

Secondly - everything's centered! WIEEERRRDDDD!!!!

That's all I can see so far...

Cheers

Alex.

Thanks Alex,

I also use Opera, its a good little browser, I especially like the ability to hold shift&ctrl whilst clicking ( this opens the link in a new window, but behind the current one ).

We were aware of the dropdown menu problem, its to do with the script not being fully compliant with standards ( J2EE ) -works ok with MSIE because of MS hacks I expect.

Current stats report less than 3% of our hits are from Opera.. we will get to it eventually! - Meanwhile if you click on the audi-sport logo it brings you to the forum list page, so you can continue with opera for now!

[ QUOTE ]
Crafty said:
Meanwhile if you click on the audi-sport logo it brings you to the forum list page, so you can continue with opera for now!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah groovy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif A fix /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Any idea about the centering? Do you get this in your version? (I'm on Opera 7.1 for Windows)

Cheers

Alex.

whilst on the topic, I'm using Konqueror, and it's giving me serious issues with the white menus up the top under the a-sn.net logo. They're all bunched together on the far left hand side, written over one another.

Can't get to the gallery, etc

Thanks

-- james

Safari is supposed to be pretty good actually...

As it happens I've just dusted-off my mac after our house move and tried upgrading to OSX 10.2 - unfortunately it didn't work but I'll get there! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Alex.