Chris NottEM Tuning
    2nd Gear

Status

BMX Trials riding

Hi, ever since I started riding it's always been about fun, wheelies, jumps and the rest, I've always wanted to do trials riding but never got round to it. Well my son just turned 11 and has a pit bike but nowhere to use it, I think I'm swaying him to my way of thinking, trials can be done anywhere, so now he's looking for a Suitable bike like Onza etc, I'm going to get one soon as well but was wondering whether I'd be better of with a mountain bike frame size as I'm a lot bigger. Has anyone got experience of riding either sizes?

Cheers Kai

2. # ADS
    ADS

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    24 inch wheeled trials bikes are becoming popular. they arent as hard to learn on as a 26 but are more suited to bigger folk.
    20 inch onza's and the likes are so easy to ride, good to learn on, but can feel unstable and you'l feel under biked, if that makes sense.
    my advice, get a second hand one off a trials forum or classifieds in mbuk etc.

2nd Gear

Status
    Right he said about buying a bmx size and il try it, simple. Thanks for your advice, will check that out.

Cheers Kai

Certified S3 Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    Mod is 20" wheel, stock is 26" wheel.

Get a stock.

And buy this guy - Trials Bikes at TartyBikes - The World's Leading Online Bike Trials Shop

Speak to Adam he'll sort you out
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

Then never do them.

2nd Gear

Status
    Cheers for this, quite funny actually, was watching clips on the tube earlier and I thought Mod vs Stock were 2 blokes going against each other on different size bikes, what a plonka!
    That site looks a bit expensive to start on, I think second hand might be in order, shame, they look gorgeous.

DVLA Say it's Black

Status
    Deffo get the lad a used 20" due to size and weight. Check out this guy for a bit of new skool trials Danny mac is ace on two wheels

Certified S3 Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by damo.h View Post
    Deffo get the lad a used 20" due to size and weight. Check out this guy for a bit of new skool trials Danny mac is ace on two wheels
    Really? Go on youtube and search Prawn16, yes it is actual Prawn and yes he is AWESOME at trials.

Then never do them.

2nd Gear

Status
    That man has some skills, well done Prawn. 26" definitely looks more suited and normal with an adult on it.

Certified S3 Slayer

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Kaibo View Post
    That man has some skills, well done Prawn. 26" definitely looks more suited and normal with an adult on it.
    They suit kids as well, the size of bike does not represent the size of rider. A 20" bike is great for natty, quick technical riding. Often referred to as TGS (Taps, Gaps & Sidehops) where as a 26" bike suits a more old school, smoother rider who's going to be riding on the streets. Trials, Street and BMX are three very different categories which often get blurred.

Then never do them.