Diesel injector problems on both the 170 & 140 engines VOSA has informed me.

leecool

Reaction score
Hi for you guys worried about your injectors on your A3 & A4 heres good news. Both the 170 & the 140 engines are affected, not just the 170 as last thought. Here are the contact details for VOSA. Read all the way down!:detective2:

Thank you for notifying Vehicle & Operator Services Agency (VOSA) of theproblems experienced with your vehicle. I can confirm theinvestigation into this fault is now complete.

Following detailednegotiations between VOSA and the vehicle manufacturer, VW-Audi Group (VAG) has agreed to replace all the injectors originally fitted to VAG group vehicles.

If any of the original injectors has already been replaced, VAGwill reimburse customers who have paid for this work themselves even if thework was completed outside of their authorised network.

If your vehilce is within the range of vehilces affected then all fourinjectors will be replaced free of charge.

To progress repairs and/or obtain a refund you should now contact the relevant VAG Customer Service Centre. Ifnecessary, they will arrange to have your vehicle inspected at anauthorised repairer free of charge. The contact telephone number you need to ring is 0800 0833914 and ask to speak toJenny Boyd or Stefan Elliott.

VOSA will continue to work closely with the VW-Audi Group to ensure that this issue is concludedas swiftly as possible.

Thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to ourattention.

Please do not hesitate to contact me on the telephonenumber below if there are any further points you wish to discuss.

Yours sincerely

Andrew Tudor

Andrew Tudor
Automotive Engineer
Vehicle Safety Branch
VOSA
Berkeley House
Croydon Street
Bristol
BS5 0DA
Tel: 0117 9543247
Fax: 0117 9543328

Dear Mr Maunder,

The information we have from VAG is that both the 140 and170bhp models are affected by the issue.

If you are not receiving any assistance or informationfrom the dealer, I would suggest that you contact VAG Customer Service on0800699888 and ask for Victoria Carter or Isabelle Lindley. If this doesn't work, then try the number Isupplied in my original email.

Yours sincerely

Andrew Tudor

Andrew Tudor

Automotive Engineer

Vehicle Safety Branch

VOSA

Berkeley House

Croydon Street

Bristol

BS5 0DA

Tel: 0117 9543247

Fax: 0117 9543328

I been in contact with Audi uk, They are saying my A3 isn't in need of new injectors by checking with number plate?
I thought it was all 170 engines from 2006? (My is 2007)

phone 0800699888 & ask how they know. Not all suffer from these issues.

My cousin has had his A3 in since the start of the week and believe he has his car back today, they changed the wiring loom and 3 of the injectors, as one was already replaced by a previous owner.

He did have to get in touch a few times with Audi and VOSA, but they have eventually got it all done now.

My cousin has had his A3 in since the start of the week and believe he has his car back today, they changed the wiring loom and 3 of the injectors, as one was already replaced by a previous owner.

He did have to get in touch a few times with Audi and VOSA, but they have eventually got it all done now.

good to know its all sorted now mate

Yea thanks for your help Ash and to the OP for awareness of this.

Hi There

Has anyone else had an injector fail on the A4 140? If so please contact VOSA and log a complaint, you need to do this on their website. Otherwise VOSA are not aware of a problem with the injector and will not put pressure on Audi to fix it.