EM TuningAH Fabrications

Thread: What is EKTA?

Neutral

Status

What is EKTA?

Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone can help me. I have been told about ETKA, and i now realise it is a program of some kind, would anyone care to ellaborate please? Where could i get this program? And if could it be used for the Audi A3 (8P)? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status

Re: What is EKTA?

ETKA. ETKA or sometimes misspelled EKTA is a Elektronischer Teilekatalog Electronic Parts Catalogue the VW/Audi dealership uses to look up part numbers. Not sure where you can get one but a quick search on the web may turn up some clues

5th Gear

Status

one thing you need to have a very high res screem, might be 1600xsummit, not sure! someone will know!!!

Neutral

Status

Avalon88 - did some digging around looking for stuff for my audi and came across the site below

http://www.audi.ddsltd.com/

This is the central location for ordering printed technical literature such as shop manuals, owners manuals, parts catalogs, and certain training materials for Audi products. Give it a go. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

6th Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    one thing you need to have a very high res screem, might be 1600xsummit, not sure! someone will know!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

You right at least 1450 i think had to up load mine on to sisters new lap top the only problem i was having is that the program has a fault or safety thing were it comes up with error code 304 ?? it says that it is to do with Hardlocking but tried to execute hardlock software but still no joy does anybody know the answer to fault??

Neutral

Status

Hey thanxs all for the replied comments, i will defo check out the link baldy!

Neutral

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Hey thanxs all for the replied comments, i will defo check out the link baldy!

[/ QUOTE ]

Your welcome - and good luck [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

6th Gear

Status

Rev-head, the error will probably be due to you not having the hardware dongle that the software requires unless you have a patch/crack that gets round this. IIRC running the hardlock program will lock you out totally and require you to wipe every part of the program from your PC before reinstalling and retrying with a patch.

Neutral

Status

EKTA discs are available on ebay (or copies from friends in low places at VW/Audi) .

6th Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Rev-head, the error will probably be due to you not having the hardware dongle that the software requires unless you have a patch/crack that gets round this. IIRC running the hardlock program will lock you out totally and require you to wipe every part of the program from your PC before reinstalling and retrying with a patch.

[/ QUOTE ]

That makes sense

Cheers [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]