The Guantanamo Guidebook - right now

IanL-RS3

Reaction score
Switch on and prepare to be shocked. part of the torture season on C4 - was great program on earlier today about interrogation of Guildford 4 etc etc. Scary sh*t if you are in the wrong place with the wrong face.

YEah the Guildford 4 just another balls up by the British Judicial system which ruined more innocent lives. Must grab a look it sounds interesting viewing if its truthful that is!

yeh this torture season on channel 4 makes some hard viewing....

As for truthful....Ch4 are the only channel i'd trust with presenting the news besides Newsnight on beeb 2 - just my opinion....

check out the program tonight.

[ QUOTE ]
Switch on and prepare to be shocked. part of the torture season on C4 - was great program on earlier today about interrogation of Guildford 4 etc etc. Scary sh*t if you are in the wrong place with the wrong face.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only thing that shocked me is why Blair wanted the 'tipton taliban' and the rest of them sent back here.........(apart from the obvious ethnic vote of course) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

What a complete waste of taxpayers money that will be,,,,, should have just shipped them back to Afganistan and let the Yanks 'dispose' of them there!

I see your point as what the hell were they doing there at the time of a war just asking for trouble if you ask me ,Off the subject a little bit got phone call today asking if i would like to be part of an of audience to ask questions on tele to ministers when general election starts any thoughts of what i should ask ??????

The guys who just happened to be in afganistan , need to do a lot of explaining BUT aint the corner stone of our justice system "innocent until proven guilty" some of they people have been there 3 years no laywers etc , !after watching wot they go thru its just not right after all they are PEOPLE
How can we claim to be the "good guys" when we are doing that to people ! we are going down the road of tin pot dictator ships with his tonyness and "W" at the wheel !

They may be some guys there are completely innocent.
What other kind of deterrent can you offer to the rest of those who are not afraid to die for their causes?

Why did channel 4 ignore those volunteers during the program who put up and shut up?

I didnt say anything about the quality of intelligence gained from detainees and I certainly would give little credence to confessions made under torture.

My point was that the powers that be may believe that locking away a small number of people indefinately and without trial could help to make young men
to think twice from leaving their countries of residence to visit dodgey places during dodgey times.
Of course the official line for Guantanamo will always be 'valuable intellignece', but who believes politicians.

Out of interest Ian what actual evidence do you have that the world is more dangerous since the Iraq debacle? It seems to be a popular thing for the
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif media to say but aside from (and not to belittle) the Madrid bombings what?

Who is JPO recruiting for? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif