Off to get the car serviced at QST

Rob W8

Reaction score
Website
www.w8performance.co.uk
Hi all,

I have finally got myself organised and booked my car in for its 60k service.

Despite all your advice I went to book it in to my local thief in Tonbridge. They wanted £375 plus £70 for Haldex oil and if it was a filter as well then it was £150!!! I obviously told them I would call back later! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I called QST and they will do the oil / filter, pollen filter and Haldex for about £160 plus VAT. I am sure it will need a few other bits as well but it will come to nowhere near the Audi quote. How rude is this!!! I brought the car from them and it has a 12month used warranty. I was concerned this will invalidate the warranty, but now I dont care.

With the money I have saved I am getting a Hyperboost valve fitted as well! Shame I cant afford the MTM remap though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Will let you know how I get on.

Rob /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Rob.... make sure you fill up your windscreen wash... or else they'll charge you for a refill (on my Polo they once charged me eight squids!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif )

I think surprisingly air is free... but yep, it was 8 quid... I questioned them, but it was something like £3 for the actual stuff and £5 manhour fee... needless to say, I did not go back to that garage... Massingberds for anyone who is interested.

Sorry mate got a bit confused.

Did you go to QST or an Audi Garage?

Audi can bend over and touch there toes for me to show them where the service there goes!

I am off to Quattro Sport Tuning in Haywards Heath,

Rob

Oh sorry, no, this was ages ago at a VW garage... but it's just something to watch out for as my dad was stung for the same thing at a Subaru garage, so I assume its just something they do on a service (and charge for!!!)

I use QST all the time, and my car has a full service history with them. I think that you will find that they will use all Audi parts and your warranty will be intact.

I highly recommend them and have no complaints. Paul and Kim are vwry knowledgable and if you are waiting you should get a good cuppa. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

I am going to nip into brighton for a bit when I am there as I have the day off. Will have a chat with them about a remap when I am there. Robthehungrymonkey is thinking of getting it done as well so will ask about a discount for a few of us.

£650 + vat make it hard for me to sit down /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Rob