EM TuningSky Insurance
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sandra

Thread: Next time the road is closed.....

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook

Next time the road is closed.....

We all know the feeling, the road is closed and it inconvenience's us, so we take it out on the copper on the roadblock.

I don't know if this is true, but it's thought provoking nonetheless.

Bit of a read, but stick with it.

….and then there was silence | MinimumCover – The Police Officer Blog
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    I am an ex Police Officer and can totally concur with what that officer has said. But them people who give you the abuse are the first to be knocking on the door wanting your help if somebody has wronged them
    2012 RNSe Navigation Discs with unit software update. PM me.

Suzuki GSX-R 750 K5

A4 S-Line. Mods so far; Cruise, DIS, Mk2 RNS-e, Audi 6 CD changer, XcarLink with self manufactured permanent ipod dock, B8 MFSW, Dectane Dayline Headlights with independantly switched DRL's, RS4 Rear ARB, De-badged, RS4 pedals, HIDS, RS4 front grille and RS4 style fog surrounds, LCR splitter in Satin Black, Rear Park Assist, LED gearknob, Red footwell lighting, Kitchen sink and Shower cubicle.

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Wow QJ thanks for sharing, really sad story and its made me think twice about hold ups/rcs.... Are you in the force?

Status
    Very touching james. Very sad story. We should all be a little more understanding and patient. I would rather arrive somewhere late than
    not at all.
    RobMorris likes this.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Thanks for this, James. My dad did this job in the 60s and 70s. One of my memories from childhood was seeing him come home after a shift in which he had dealt with something very similar - white-faced, near to tears. Years later, when I was old enough, he told me about it - it involved him finding the bodies of two children, about the same age as me at the time, in a ditch, about 20 yards from the wreck of their parents' car.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

Neutral

Status
    Chilling story - makes you want to slow down.

North East Forum Moderator

Status
    Wow, what a read.

Website | Facebook | Audi TT 2.0TDI 170 Quattro

Status

My Social Networking

I'm glad you all appreciated it for what it was, it's always good to understand what someone else's job involves.

5th Gear

Status
    When I was in the job, we got called to a house in Newcastle of a woman going ballistic. Cut a long story short, she had a history of mental illness but had seemed 'ok' apparently. She had a baby, which was only a few month old. She was stood outside holding her baby with one arm whilst holding a knife over it with the other hand. She was convinced her baby was possessed by the devil. we didn't want to move in for fear of what she might do, but it made no difference, she proceeded to stab her baby several times.

Now because of the situation, the road had been closed for a good 300 yards either side of the house and I was one of the road closure officers, so mercifully I didn't witness this, but several of my colleagues had to have ongoing councilling for what they had seen. My mate was the arresting officer and it affected him really bad. Was on the national news at the time.

Another instance was a guy poured petrol over his ex girlfriend at set her alight in front of us. One of our shift put her out with his coat and got severely burnt himself. He got nominated for the National Police bravery awards in London the next year.

A lot of jobs have their moments, but when that job has 'its moments' they are biggies.
    2012 RNSe Navigation Discs with unit software update. PM me.

Suzuki GSX-R 750 K5

A4 S-Line. Mods so far; Cruise, DIS, Mk2 RNS-e, Audi 6 CD changer, XcarLink with self manufactured permanent ipod dock, B8 MFSW, Dectane Dayline Headlights with independantly switched DRL's, RS4 Rear ARB, De-badged, RS4 pedals, HIDS, RS4 front grille and RS4 style fog surrounds, LCR splitter in Satin Black, Rear Park Assist, LED gearknob, Red footwell lighting, Kitchen sink and Shower cubicle.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    I would rather arrive somewhere late than not at all.
    True that!

Status

My Social Networking

Better to be late in this life, than early in the next

Reverse Gear

Status
    Wow that was spine tingling, really sad story shows how something so small can just bundle out of control. Really feel for the officer who attended, he has that on his shoulders forever even though he did his best and the outcome wasn't his fault. He's the poor soul that has to live with it. Will make me think twice about road closures now, thanks for sharing!

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    It really does pi$$ me off when people make derogatory remarks on the forum about the Police, usually just after they have been caught committing a traffic offence. Theirs is a bl00dy difficult job, and 99.9% of them only do it to try and make life better for the rest of us, sometimes at great personal cost.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    WOW that story has just numbed me right down and even typing this seems hard. its such a sad story. really feel for the officer...

i dont understand why people try to get rude to officers that are blocking roads... its not like they blocked it as a joke! i would be surprised if all of them even knew why the road was blocked at all, they are just doing their jobs.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Interior Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift,
    RS3 Grill, 19" RS6, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, S3 brakes, US Centre Console, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.